Ideas and opinions for CW4. Yayyy!

Started by Link, July 01, 2014, 10:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tornado

You would need the copyrights
Also I suggested a while back that any creeper flowing off the edge of a map should after a while appear at the opposite end due to the fact that planets are round
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Link

Mini- meaning The normal twelve levels? Or eight? It would have to be something new, and seeing the Levels (10-0) Would be impossible, So, What could be new? EDIT: tornado, That idea is amazing! The level design could be super interesting, if you were to add that to Multiple levels and Overflowing waterfalls from level 0 in CW4, then you could have True Hell. Amazingness Squared. You could still have that in 2.5 And it'd be awesome, it'd be MORE amazing if it was in CW4, Gawd, that would be Instant hell in the later levels, But yeah, this discussion(if noticed by KnuckleCracker) Could be really inspirational and helpful~ If there is a CW4, this could be possible

tornado

Hey I threw that idea at cw3 and it threw it back
It's nice to know that my ideas are accepted somewhere
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Link

I realized: That if there were to be Creeper waterfalls, Then Creeper density would matter. A lot. Example: Your on a map, Above you, is a giant pit on level 0 filling up with creeper, there are those green-blue blocks on the left side, that, when broken, let the creeper out, the density where these blocks are is important, Because if the green-blue blocks break, then suddenly you'd ave a large creeper waterfall, but without the physics. If you add physics, you could have a 50* Density creeper waterfall, or higher, that'd make for some... Interesting.. levels...? Next, Waterfall speeds, if you were to add Waterfall speeds, then creeper would flow more quickly. There would be the X1, X2, X4, And X8. X8 would be Hell itself. because it doesn't alter the game speed, just the creeper. Imagine being a person, from a 1st person Perspective, watching blocks break and creeper POUR over the edge of a floating island/cliff. Terrifying. Now imagine it X8 faster. Haha, that... would be harsh. Next, i think there should be a new liquid. It'd be a Yellow-green color, and: A: Would fight Both Creeper and A-Creeper. B: If it comes in contact with your troops, they get a .5X boost, but destroys collectors C: IF it were to touch a Emitter, the emitter would get X2 Boosted for 20 secs, then goes down to .5X it's normal, and stays like that. 20 secs to give the player a "0.0 Please no.. Why? Why?!!?? Why would you do this?!?! " feel. D: Physics, if you were to describe it as a actual liquid, It'd be like... Water with ketchup, LOTS of ketchup, so halfway between water and Molasses(about creeper) The way to get rid of it: A new special Tower. the Sucker, it takes 45 Packets to build, and does this: If you place it within range (20 tiny blocks) it starts dragging the stuff towards it. You can use this in multiple ways: 1: put it into a bomber (i have absolutely no idea why you'd want to), or click on a button in the GUI that says "Dispose" and another one that says "Refine" If you dispose, it slowly is destroyed, if you click Refine, It's halved, halved again then the half of the half (quarter) is turned into A-creeper.

Portal

I disagree immeditly. I hated the top-down view in CW2... :-\

Karsten75

Quote from: Portal on December 12, 2014, 07:13:48 PM
I disagree immeditly. I hated the top-down view in CW2... :-\

CW2 was a side-scroll or side-on view. CW1 and CW3 is what is commonly referred to as top-down since you look down on the map from above.

brerdawg

Ideas for future Creeper versions beyond Creeper World3
-----
1) Since Virgil has been working on the new game concept, I would not want to do anything to interrupt the progress of those new developments.

2) If there is any new concepts presented which Virgil would like to incorporate into the upcoming game, that would be great also.

3) My perspective is mostly from the mechanical side of the game as opposed to the storyline side; I like the storylines which have been developed as Virgil & other people wrote them (including some of the storylines presented with the custom maps - Link327's Secret Labs series comes to mind.

4) There is a particular appeal of the simplicity of the original CreeperWorld version, but it is true that each custom map maker can simulate some of that if they want to in their maps of CW2 & 3.

5) Each version had many fantastic features in my opinion; I have read some comments from people who did not care for CW2 method of display, but I think it was an excellent addition to the series.  The unique perspective of the side view was very exciting & a one of a kind experience for me; features in CW2 which could not be easily conveyed in the other versions included, among others were the capability to pressurize the creeper in a contained space, second, the truly exhilarating phenomenon of being stuck in a cavern with creeper pouring thru an opening in the ceiling and/or bubbling up from someplace in the floor; since the exits from the cavern were too small to get the Liberty Ship out of the cavern, the player must either fight the creeper back & win or lose!  Another feature was the use of different directions of gravity (or even Zero Gravity) which could not be so easily conveyed or implemented in CW1 or CW3.  The use of fields were also a lot of fun in CW2.

I could go on at length about the different versions, but since I have been in a sort of creeper exile (stuck playing Clash of Clans which is a massive step back in my relative video game experience compared to CreeperWorld) due to my main device right now is an IPad Mini w/ iOS 7, my mind has been at work imagining what might be done with a prospective new version of the CreeperWorld series - that is of course, if Virgil feels there is still life & some interesting aspects to still be explored in CreeperWorld; also, there is the other possibility that some ideas which we discuss now might become part of a new game concept not related to CreeperWorld which for me would be fine because Virgil has done many amazing things already, so I am personally happy with what ever direction he would like to take KnuckleCracker in as far as video games.

Anyhow, as some other forum members have proposed, I like the idea of the isometric type display; I guess most since Unity worked very well for CW3 that Virgil would like to continue development with that game platform; I am also in agreement with folks who feel the tradeoffs for true 3D display type games are not really worth the trouble & performance issues, but then I am more of a layman than an accomplished programmer.  Rather than struggling with 3D, I would like to advocate for an overall isometric view which would allow the player to see a global perspective of their position & the respective activities of their enemy as well as their own forces.  By using directional arrows & other (zoom, focus, pan, etc.) commands, the player could select a 2D view to jump to - the player would go from isometric to one of the X, Y, Z arises/planes - top, bottom, front, back, right, left, maybe even inside versus outside, but I am not sure of the real value of that.  It would be up to the player to choose a view which gave them the best advantage against their enemy - choose a less than optimal view & possibly suffer the consequences - it would add another interesting & challenging feature to the game without the performance issues of full 3D.

There are some more ideas which I would like to explore in a future post, but this one is long enough.

-----
Thank you for your interest; have a good day, BrerDawg

Hubs

I think a Play As Creeper game would be a cool new twist on the CW games. Or something with the Loki?