Something I'd love to see added.

Started by Otterbear, November 19, 2013, 10:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otterbear

I thought that I saw a thread on here recently about things people would like to see in game. However I cannot find it. :(
SO, I hope this is a good place.

I would love to see the ability to create  AC emitters. (I know, you can use sprayers, but they will not emit AC unless they "see" creeper in their firing vicinity.)
I would LOVE to be able at some point in game, (maybe something that we have to use the Forge to create(to increase the ability/amount).
(all this provided there are mines available...(or not as the devs see it.).

Also:
Spoiler
It would be nice if Thor (when avail), could be auto-deployed like the fighters/bombers and/or auto-target much like the Berthas.
(It can get a bit "Hairy", reloading, and redeploying on some more massive and/or very hard maps.)
[close]

Just my ideas, TIA

Grauniad

You can create A-C emitters. There are many maps that already have them.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

J

You mean the ability to spray AC without any creeper in range? Bombers can do that (finally the bomber has some kind of advantage over the spayer :P)

Godsbrother

For custom maps I like the idea of building a all in one ore miner/ore refiner/ac producer(quite expensive I'm sure, and immobile), on top of ore deposits instead of, or as an upgrade to ore miner.  No idea if that's possible with crplcore, but I bet it could be incorporated into some really interesting maps.
"If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true, and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."   Penn Jillette

Clean0nion

Quote from: Godsbrother on November 19, 2013, 12:04:57 PM
For custom maps I like the idea of building a all in one ore miner/ore refiner/ac producer(quite expensive I'm sure, and immobile), on top of ore deposits instead of, or as an upgrade to ore miner.  No idea if that's possible with crplcore, but I bet it could be incorporated into some really interesting maps.
Mind if I steal this?
Spoiler
You could take the AC refinery image from the wiki and place an invisible CRPLcore over each ore deposit. Then have the core detect when a miner has been placed over it and show the refinery image at 30% alpha when it does. Text under it would say 'click to begin building' and you click it, it requests build packets to build and ammo packets to keep it going, then it destroys the original miner and secretly replaces it with a CRPL one that doesn't actually do anything but looks like it is. Then the refinery sends images of the AC packets over to the CN and when they arrive the total of AC stored increases. This shouldn't be too hard to script but'll take some time.
[close]

Relli

Quote from: Godsbrother on November 19, 2013, 12:04:57 PM
I like Clean0nion's ideas on this, but I feel like you're looking for something closer to a buildable Command Node that only handles ore and AC. I feel like that would be possible enough, but I'm not sure how to make it useful enough to build instead of just a regular ore miner. Maybe it makes each ore mine more efficient, so you have a better income of AC. I think I may try to make this. Don't wait on me though :P

Clean0nion

I've already started making my thingy. You can take my source of ideas but can't take my thingy!

pawel345

well the whole idea would be way easier if Virgili would allow to send packets form cores :P but I guess that will not happen soon :(

Clean0nion

Quote from: pawel345 on November 19, 2013, 01:11:51 PM
well the whole idea would be way easier if Virgili would allow to send packets form cores :P but I guess that will not happen soon :(
I'm just sending the AC to the CN Aether-style.

Godsbrother

I was basically thinking of the OP's original thought of being able to build ac emitters, but tying it to ore deposits so it's not over-powered.  No need to send packets anywhere once it's built as it would both mine it's own ore on site, and produce ac directly.   Giving players the ability to protect an area once conquered or whatever, while giving the map builder the ability to limit where they're placed.

@Cleanonion et. all.  Steal away, I'm not a map builder.  Just an idea man.  Thanks to the OP for getting me thinking

Another thought.  Builders may want to limit the number of sprayers as the ac collector could be abused.  Unless that fits in with the intended strategy
"If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true, and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."   Penn Jillette

Clean0nion

Quote from: Godsbrother on November 19, 2013, 02:15:49 PMAnother thought.  Builders may want to limit the number of sprayers as the ac collector could be abused.  Unless that fits in with the intended strategy

Here's my idea: a map. The only weapons you get are sprayers and the creeper have blasters that can destroy AC and your towers. Sounding familiar at all?

Anyway, for that the player will need a good source of AC.

Godsbrother

Sounds like playing as creeper, and the first step to some kind of Multi-player.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Godsbrother on November 19, 2013, 03:30:09 PM
Sounds like playing as creeper, and the first step to some kind of Multi-player.
Oh yes. Prepare for the next big thing that'll turn out to be a small thing.

Otterbear

Quote from: J on November 19, 2013, 10:40:43 AM
You mean the ability to spray AC without any creeper in range? Bombers can do that (finally the bomber has some kind of advantage over the sprayer :P)

Ha! I never thought of that.
Still would like to build emitters though. (I know you can script them in if your fairly good at scripting,(Which I'm not yet), but that limits where and when you can use them.)
They could be used, (as some have suggested) to defend territory, or offensively to push back creeper.
Another thought would be, to make it so that if enough AC is placed(bombed/sprayed/deployed), that the depth reaches a certian point, the creeper emitter or whatever "alien" tech could be destroyed by the AC.
Just a thought.

EDIT:Still (In lieu of those noisy bombers, and since the Human race has developed the ability to make AC, - it only follows that we should develop the tech to create emitters.), I would LOVE to be able to deploy(Drop?) AC emitters on unclaimed territory. (Amount of AC produced based on the Forge or some such.)

hbarudi

check out my crazy cw4 ideas and suggestions