Flood Gate

Started by Aurzel, December 03, 2009, 01:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurzel

I've been working at making a map that should be impposible to beat, this is only the first version though and will constantly have harder versions uploaded as people become better at it, post your best time, which in this case is how long you survived for or if you miraculously won, every now and then i'll post a newer version of the map which will be harder than the last.

RULES:
1. You are not allowed to move the city from its starting location.
2. A screen shot displaying the mission time must be posted for your time to be accepted.
3. Let me know if you think of more rules.

Version 1.00:
1. Apocalypstic 13:07 completed
2. Virgilw 30:48 completed

Version 2.03:
1. ItsFunToLose 8:15 completed
2. Young 8:55 completed

Version 2.11
1. ItsFunToLose 6:53 completed

Aurzel

<<RESERVED FOR MORE SCORES>>

knucracker

Wow.... that was tough.  Took me about 4 tries before I found a way into the lower plain.

Below is my solution.  I went a little overboard with the SAMs, but I wasn't sure how many would be coming in :)
The assault on the lower plain required a three phase assault.  A wave of drones, a wave of blasters, drones, blasters, drones, blasters.  The blasters had to land in staggered phases from each other since the first group would run out of ammo before the relay would get built.  About the time they would run out the second bunch would land and keep the creeper away till the relay could be built.

Note that I paused the game frequently to review what was going on and to issue new move commands to the next assault squad.  Time to completion 30:48... but I could probably do it in 20 minutes now that I know the force strength required to take the lower plain.

djcian

i was a little..... paranoid, with what would be attacking me. just see for yourself

http://www.use.com/10f413c4aed78ed238c1

its very hard to finish because you cant put a relay on top of the creeper in the bottom and it's tough to get lasers in range
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

djcian

wow..... i was able to find a way to beat the map. in fact i beat it in under 30 seconds!  i got a score of 9926.  all you have to do is land the city next to the rifts and you win.  this is by far the easiest map ever!  you should fix that.  also if you want it to be impossible make it so you cant build anything in the creeper pit.  mess up the terrain in there a bit.  also put more then two rift totems so odin city cant just fly over it and activate them.  it holds 20 energy remember?

just out of curiosity when are the emitters higher up going to erupt.  they don't seem to do anything
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Aurzel

excuse me for thinking that in the spirit of making a challenge you wouldnt do that *eyeroll*
as to everyone else, i'm gonna be adding rules so read the first post again and remember this is the first version, it'll get harder ;)

and @djcian, thanks that screenie of the how you did up the sams gave me an idea

Apocalypstic

Even though I had 23 collection and only 16 depletion, starvation kept going up.  I guess Odin City can only produce so many packets at once, no matter what your collection level is.

Anyway, I figured out that it was impossible to build and protect more than 1 relay in there, and even then I had to juggle my blasters around or else they would run out of ammo before the relay was finished.
Look over here! Is it a word?! Is it a sentence?! No! It's a distraction!

Aurzel

hmm looks like we have our best time so far, time to up the difficulty

Aurzel

the next version has been submitted, sorry for it taking so long guys, lets see if this one's a bigger challenge

Young

Quote from: Aurzel on December 26, 2009, 06:59:20 PM
the next version has been submitted, sorry for it taking so long guys, lets see if this one's a bigger challenge

What a fun map. Took me a while to get started. Made it in 13:20 I couldv'e done it much sooner but here are the results:

First try good start. Turned out EPIC fail and with the side spawns starting later.

Second good attempt I hit it hard. But without proper positioning my relay got owned and retreat was in order.

So this time making sure where my relay is suppose to be positioned I go back and winz @ 13:20 / 8180

Young

I attempted once more and did much better.

Aurzel

excellent time, guess i'll have to add a few more suprises in

knucracker

Quote from: Young on December 27, 2009, 03:51:26 AM
I attempted once more and did much better.

Dang Young.... you didn't even build any energy storage to bulk up before the assault....  That was gutsy.

Aurzel

i'll say, i better make those spore attacks more frequent

Xylnalya

Don't wanna brag but
Quote from: Rules
1. You are not allowed to move the city from its starting location.