Started by AutoPost, January 23, 2022, 07:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9822: Digital Run 5 - Bombs away

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 180x80

Desc:

Weasee

Hmm, can't see how to get the terp (quickly!)
Spoiler
too many bugs to complete the relay chain
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

did you just say... that.... I finally made it?  8) 8) 8) 8)

Weasee

D0m0nik

Same problem. I have set packet speed to 80 and left it running. See what happens!

Martin Gronsdal

well.... there.... is another way to do it.... but since you never asked....

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Weasee

ok, as it's not just me, I will ask:  can we please have a hint !!!

D0m0nik

My 'go make lunch and leave it running' trick works a treat, not the fastest time though  ???

Weasee

ok ok ok I figured it out  :P

Spoiler
Shields also fly!
[close]

Spoiler
A break from it helps a lot!
[close]

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Weasee on January 25, 2022, 12:33:14 AM
ok ok ok I figured it out  :P

Spoiler
Shields also fly!
[close]

Spoiler
A break from it helps a lot!
[close]

Any more hints? I'm stuck on trying to get the terp as well, I can't figure out if there's some way that shields can help with digitalis.

Weasee

Quote from: wolfgoesmoo on January 26, 2022, 06:46:28 PM
Any more hints? I'm stuck on trying to get the terp as well, I can't figure out if there's some way that shields can help with digitalis.

Building relays to the terp #1:
Spoiler
You can fly a shield between two of the available spots for relays - if a guppy is sitting on a nearby spot, then the shield acts as a bridge to build the relay on the pad the shield just came from. I'm attaching a picture to demonstrate.
Start next to the terp and work your way up. The final ones can't be done this way, but just connect them and eventually the remaining few relays can be built from the CN.
[close]

Building relays to the terp #2:
Spoiler
There is a bug with launching a guppy - with the guppy on it's base, send it to the location you want to build a relay. IMMEDIATELY tell it to return to it's base (before it completes the takeoff sequence) - the destination will now be free, but the guppy will still fly there. Build a relay right where the guppy lands.
[close]

Linking all the relays at once:
Spoiler
It can take a long time for the relays to all be active at the same time; depending on when the runners fire at the relays. Instead of waiting for this to happen, you can just save and reload the level (once you have all the relays built). Right after load, the relays are all active, and the bugs fire immediately, but it's too late! You get the terp
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

Nasty save glitch

I don't think glitches should be exploited in this game, but then again, I don't blame you. If it's there, it's there

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: Weasee on January 26, 2022, 11:22:58 PM
Quote from: wolfgoesmoo on January 26, 2022, 06:46:28 PM

Building relays to the terp #1:
Spoiler
You can fly a shield between two of the available spots for relays - if a guppy is sitting on a nearby spot, then the shield acts as a bridge to build the relay on the pad the shield just came from. I'm attaching a picture to demonstrate.
Start next to the terp and work your way up. The final ones can't be done this way, but just connect them and eventually the remaining few relays can be built from the CN.
[close]

Thanks! That's helpful. Waiting with high-level packet speed got me there eventually too.

Building relays to the terp #2:
Spoiler
There is a bug with launching a guppy - with the guppy on it's base, send it to the location you want to build a relay. IMMEDIATELY tell it to return to it's base (before it completes the takeoff sequence) - the destination will now be free, but the guppy will still fly there. Build a relay right where the guppy lands.
[close]

Linking all the relays at once:
Spoiler
It can take a long time for the relays to all be active at the same time; depending on when the runners fire at the relays. Instead of waiting for this to happen, you can just save and reload the level (once you have all the relays built). Right after load, the relays are all active, and the bugs fire immediately, but it's too late! You get the terp
[close]