Custom Map #9810: No_exit CSM 02. By: No_exit

Started by AutoPost, January 14, 2022, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9810: No_exit CSM 02

Author: No_exit
Size: 99x99

Desc:
Back with my 2nd map :)! CSM values have been rebalanced: Statsquish (10x lower), 1 wall height = 10 creeper, easier to capture, less waiting. Click forum button for more details and reasons why. Hope you all like it :). Thanks for all the support and feedback on my previous map! Hard mode: Don't use the upgrader.

No_exit

These CSM values have been changes:

• Stat squish:
    Most stats are divided by 10. For example first AC emittor starts at 1 instead of 10.

Advantages:

• This allows for higher emittor scaling: 1 to 2000 instead of 10 to 2000. Note that 2000 is a game hard-cap and cannot be increased. This is necessary to allow for boost stacking to work (Captured emittor boss aura + boost chip + Upgrader) without hitting this 2000 cap.
    • Greatly increased visibility in mid game. Increased visibility in end game.
    • Better feeling of progression.

Disadvantages:

• Reduced visibility and satisfaction in early game. Sorry and I hope the advantages are worth the trade-off.

• 1 Wall level = 10 creeper height. The 10th level remains at 2000.
  • Easier to capture to allows early game to work better and increase the pace of the game. You used to need 4 to capture something, now it's 0.1.
  • Speeding up a number of things. Decontamination times reduced and movement speeds increased.
  • Fixed a bug in BridgeController so low Decontamination Cooldown's no longer cause weird visual bugs. I'm aware this changed the shape although this is how the script was intended to work.
  • Small description changes.

Feel free to share your experience with these balance changes and what you liked and didn't like. Also if you liked the map or not, I'm always open to feedback, even if it's bad! And remember hard mode = no upgrader.

Thanks for reading and hope you like the map :).

Riskbreaker

i very much enjoyed that it can be beaten without using blockers and upgraders :P

marvinitfox

ThisIsAReallyWonderfulMapButEverythingIsHappeningSoFastButThankYouForThatVeryRefreshingMorningWakeUpCallAndOhDearIsThatSmokeComingOutofMyMouse?

No_exit

Quote from: marvinitfox on January 15, 2022, 05:00:32 AM
ThisIsAReallyWonderfulMapButEverythingIsHappeningSoFastButThankYouForThatVeryRefreshingMorningWakeUpCallAndOhDearIsThatSmokeComingOutofMyMouse?
Oh no! Were you playing on 4x speed? I balanced this map for 1x speed. I do hope your mouse is fine and lives to see another day.

hbarudi

Nice to see lower creeper and anticreeper amounts rather than making them strong enough to go over the void.

chwooly

Thanks for another great map, I am hoping you will continue with these.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

toolforger

Nice. That's a very welcome rebalancing.
The original concept still was a lot of fun - squashing strength-1000 emitters is a different style, and enjoyable in a somewhat different way. Probably this should get a different name - maybe CSM-tiny instead of CSM-02.