This topic is for discussion of map #3378: map 62 BIG BICKFORD-6

Author: yum234
Size: 250x180

Desc:
Last map

walr688

yum-forum

Quote from: walr688 on April 02, 2016, 07:10:43 AM
Last map! Well I have been a fan. Thank you.

Thank You for playing my maps!  :)

Last map...  :(
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

unscrupulous envious,
excite, please!!!!  :(

You get desired result!

So many haters for my last maps... 

This my map will be really last from me if will not be changed an unfair CW3 system of rating!

Good luck to all other players!  :)
last

J

Don't look at ratings, especially for hard maps, they're always low. Look at the comments instead.

Arghh

Yum:

I have enjoyed your maps, good concepts and interesting game play.  you are an excellent contributor to the game.  thanks for your work.

--Arghh

D0m0nik

Yeah Yum, you really don't need to worry about ratings, there's more to the game than a stupid ratings system.

Pastor Healers maps all score terribly, does it mean his maps are bad or that he is not hugely respected map maker? All the regular players here hugely appreciate a slightly more complex and well thought out level and come here to say thank you.

Don't be disheartened, your work is incredible.  ;D

isj4

Yum, don't let the ratings bother you.

Eg. I noticed that on builder17''s latest map the first rating (there was only one at the time) was 1, and that map is certainly not a 1, so I guess that there are some plainly malicious voters out there. Over time those votes just become minor noise when the real votes come in.
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

Cavemaniac

Hey yum - have you considered a return to the style of your CW2 maps?

They tended to be short maps, ideal for a speed-run or a coffee break.

By making big/complex/hard maps I suspect you're only getting good ratings from a fraction of the community - and slammed by the rage-quitters.

Just a  suggestion, but don't take any notice of your map ratings - look instead at how many high scores are posted, that'll give you an indication of how many people liked your map enough to complete it and post a score.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Builder17

I personally almost never rate maps , rating from 1 to 10 is stupid...  >:(

GoodMorning

The rating system has flaws, and is arguably misleading, but can provide a guide to players and mapmakers.

I don't think the system will change this far after release, but for the purposes of the discussion, what would it be replaced with?
Perhaps a paired set of ratings, for difficulty and quality?

I personally don't rate maps, or submit scores for them as a rule. If this is a common attitude, it may be deflating your ratings unfairly.

Your maps have been well-done and interesting, though sometimes difficult to begin. I would encourage you to make more.

I cannot, of course, speak for anyone else, but the only change I would like to see is a series of medium/small maps on a similar theme to this series, due to time/power constraints affecting my experience of large maps.

I do wonder how many of those who have rated maps badly have ever tried making them.

Perhaps placing a flag in the description, saying something like "difficult start" could help people to gauge the difficulty, rather than trying a map beyond them, and so rating it low.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Builder17

Maybe rating system could be in PF from 1 to 5?
Should I suggest it?

GoodMorning

I don't mind the 1-10, but I think, possibly, that difficulty and quality should be different numbers, with quality only available to those who finish. This seems like a fair balance.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Helper

Yum-sama!
What a blast from the past.
I never did figure out any technique, but I sure had fun killing bugs.
Thanks for a great game - and so many more that followed this 'last' one.

Domo Arigato.
H234

yum-forum

Quote from: Helper on January 18, 2022, 02:26:39 PM
Yum-sama!
What a blast from the past.
I never did figure out any technique, but I sure had fun killing bugs.
Thanks for a great game - and so many more that followed this 'last' one.

Domo Arigato.
H234

Very glad to get such comment from Hero Helper! You are really help me in my life!
Good lu, H234 and be Healthy!  :)
last