AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2742: LPACursor shaper stargate

Author: prst
Size: 256x160

Ago1896

wfo92gt

Quote from: Ago1896 on January 09, 2022, 12:39:02 PM
How do you activate totems as creeper?

As far as I know, you don't. It's just that if totems are present, the condition is present for the map.

Jakobaland

It's probably for the best that you don't let us delete enemy structures, but fun little exploit none the less.

Karsten75

What I find most frustrating about this map is the low Creeper Cap. It turns off all the Creeper (flip) breeder terrain and emitters as soon as it is reached - which is very early in gameplay.

SteveCarlo

why do I always forget the special builds?    a couple of sporfuls, wait for a hit near the lab, and cursor your way in

CrazyIvanTR

Please make a version without the creeper cap, it's much more satisfying if we can clear the entire map :D

Karsten75

Quote from: CrazyIvanTR on February 03, 2022, 05:11:27 PM
Please make a version without the creeper cap, it's much more satisfying if we can clear the entire map :D

While I agree with you, it's still possible to clear this map.

Vuld_Edone

Dunno how others have handled it but this is the second map I find where... ~90% of the map is irrelevant.
Failed the first try as I tried battling the autobuilder with the low creep cap. I wouldn't mind removing the cap so people who want can play it that way but it was clearly not the intent.
Second try I egg-rushed the portal to those spore/blobs, realized that was not going to happen and found myself expanding creep cluelessly... until I reverted to that push, finally got to the lads and suddenly 20+ blobs started cleaning the map. I had utterly forgot specials were even a thing.

Eventually I don't mind the concept, especially rushing against the autobuilder and beating him to an objective... but the maze part felt out of place, if not straight out a chore. Would be interesting to see that same concept attempted on a "cleaner" map, with a different balance.

SteveCarlo

Quote from: Vuld_Edone on February 20, 2022, 06:57:17 AM
Dunno how others have handled it but this is the second map I find where... ~90% of the map is irrelevant.
Failed the first try as I tried battling the autobuilder with the low creep cap. I wouldn't mind removing the cap so people who want can play it that way but it was clearly not the intent.
Second try I egg-rushed the portal to those spore/blobs, realized that was not going to happen and found myself expanding creep cluelessly... until I reverted to that push, finally got to the lads and suddenly 20+ blobs started cleaning the map. I had utterly forgot specials were even a thing.

Eventually I don't mind the concept, especially rushing against the autobuilder and beating him to an objective... but the maze part felt out of place, if not straight out a chore. Would be interesting to see that same concept attempted on a "cleaner" map, with a different balance.

don't worry about the maze just build a couple of special units  (skimmer or spoors) near the starting emitter,  wait for some creep to land near to the lab and use the cursor to kill it.    after that if you free the other emitters and blob nests and use 75=100 bonuses on them you wieventually cover the board with creep.   use eggs and cursor to suppress the breeder