Custom Map #9718: Johnny Haywire - I Love Lu. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, October 02, 2021, 12:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9718: Johnny Haywire - I Love Lu

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
WEEKEND YUMMY CROSSWORD Sorry for lag and Good lu! :)

Lemon

I can't seem to convert the emitters that turn on at the start, even though they're buried under AC? how many layers should i go for?

yum-forum

Quote from: Lemon on October 02, 2021, 12:39:53 PM
I can't seem to convert the emitters that turn on at the start, even though they're buried under AC? how many layers should i go for?

No. Not AC level. It is matter of start delay of emitter only.

Good lu, Sir!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Lemon

a good level (as always), it's interesting to see the performance difference from 99^2 to 144^2 and how much worse it runs (although that could be the special gates? not sure)

also for those struggling to complete it/having multi hr timers:

Spoiler
rush the upgrading station using the green special gate and blocking the blue gate using a blocker. then gradually move up the map using the free reactors the maps give you. a turning point should be when you fully convert the middle section of the map, it goes faster after that
[close]

Helper

Schizo

Great map as always! :D  Took me a while to complete. lol  I didn't notice any lag at all with the map. I even played it at 4X speed without an issue.

Feroperetic

One of the best maps so far. First playthrough took more than 4 hours :).  Did the following the next time and cut it down to 1.5 hours.

Spoiler

First grab the reactor power chip. Then connect the nearest blue stargate to you power lines. With the chip installed you should be able to build guppies quickly and send them to the other blue powered gates. Open 2 to convert the top right sleeping emitters. But be careful you don't get overwhelm by creeper from yellow gates.
[close]

yum-forum

Quote from: Feroperetic on October 03, 2021, 09:01:13 AM
One of the best maps so far. First playthrough took more than 4 hours :).  Did the following the next time and cut it down to 1.5 hours.

Spoiler

First grab the reactor power chip. Then connect the nearest blue stargate to you power lines. With the chip installed you should be able to build guppies quickly and send them to the other blue powered gates. Open 2 to convert the top right sleeping emitters. But be careful you don't get overwhelm by creeper from yellow gates.
[close]

perfect!  :)

P.S. Gamplay should be wondering for players. Perhaps.
       More tricky game - more lower it's rating although...
last

marvinitfox

How does one conquer a 1900/330ms emitter in a dead end, when the very best you can have *with amplifier* is 1860/1000ms?
(without resorting to singularity, of course)

Johnny Haywire

Wow. I had so much Lu in this map that my computer starting smoking. Maybe that's just because it's nearly 15 years old and is telling me that it needs to be replaced? I dunno.

What I absolutely DO know is that this map is EPIC! It did take me a long time to complete, mainly because I saw those sleeping emitters and wondered how much more fun the map would be if I let them all come online without capturing them first. How fun was it? Lots and lots of mad crazy total Lu-Lu fun, that's how fun!

To Marvin's question about overcoming the emitters... I managed to pull over 2k with the booster. It takes several tries for the first one though. I think the top is actually easier to conquer than the ones in the lanes, and once you conquer the top you'll have so much AC pressure from all sides you should be able to do it. The max output with upgrades is 820 on this map, which isn't as insane as in other CSM maps but it's enough to eventually wear them down.

Did you know...? If you put "Yum" and "Lu" together, you get a Turkish soccer player named Mustafa Yumlu! He mustafa lotta Good Lu with a name like that! (But not nearly as much as we have playing Yum's games!)

Thanks for the awesome map!  ;D ;D ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Helper

JH - Glad to see your new meds are kicking in.
Yum's games do seem to have something for everyone.

Regarding your last question...yes and no.

Thanks
H234

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Feroperetic on October 03, 2021, 09:01:13 AM

Spoiler

[close]

Oh, I didn't realize I could get those.  Ended up using the singularity on them.

Feroperetic

Quote from: yum-forum on October 03, 2021, 09:48:02 AM

P.S. Gamplay should be wondering for players. Perhaps.
       More tricky game - more lower it's rating although...

You can't please everyone. What's obvious or not that hard to discover for some can be very frustrating to others. If you make a map too easy someone is sure to complain, too hard and you get a 1 rating :). Personally, I only give out 6-10 ratings. Anything lower than that I just don't rate at all. I mean a map has to be very very horrible to get low scores. A one rating skews the average too much and I feel that in almost all cases it's not deserved. I just think of the time, effort and tears that went into the map creation and that already merits at least a 5 for me.

yum-forum

Very fresh video from Master DarkRubberNeck:

Be Happy H234!  :D
last

yum-forum

last