Custom Map #2316: [ITEM SHOP] The Credit Card 1. By: KTIVGAMES

Started by AutoPost, September 08, 2021, 01:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2316: [ITEM SHOP] The Credit Card 1

Author: KTIVGAMES
Size: 128x250

CS Z

I was excited to see someone else use the Item Shop for a new map.

But then, as the author of Item Shop, I immediately noticed the 2 minute cheeeeese.  There might even be a 1 minute cheese!  And there's also a 7 second totem cheese.

Basically everything at ground level can be nullified in about 30 seconds.  The emitter on the steep hill takes a little bit longer.  Then just pay off the debt with a stack of AC/Arg at the factory and that's it.  Instant win and the starting creeper isn't even a threat.

There are a bunch of variables at the top of the item shop 4RPL script that are meant to be adjusted to help balance out the game mode with the map.  Instant build + instant max ammo changes how maps need to be designed.  The -10 GEN/sec credit limit + 8x blueprint multiplier + 7 minute interest penalty delay + the default instant build/ammo purchase multipliers are great if there's a lot of creeper already covering everything as seen on the original map.  Those defaults are not so great for this map.  Boosting the unit blueprint and instant build/max ammo costs and dramatically cutting the debt ceiling and interest collection waive time would have helped reduce the cheese opportunities on this map.  Players shouldn't be able to completely cover a map in fully built towers + miners and enough mortars, cannons, and, of course, nullifiers in just a few seconds time.

Side note:  This map didn't fix the item shop keyboard issues as noted by the original forum posts.

CS Z

Oh yeah.  I got the sub-1 minute cheese to happen!  Full nullify of everything in 51 seconds AND got the totems even faster (3 seconds)!  It took just a little over a minute after that to pay off the debt.  I suspect that someone who is better at CW4 than me or is willing to frame step could get the nullify time down to under 45 seconds.

nonsense aka 4tyuiyo8r7fu

Quote from: CS Z on September 09, 2021, 07:43:34 AMI was excited to see someone else use the Item Shop for a new map.

But then, as the author of Item Shop, I immediately noticed the 2 minute cheeeeese.  There might even be a 1 minute cheese!  And there's also a 7 second totem cheese.

Basically everything at ground level can be nullified in about 30 seconds.  The emitter on the steep hill takes a little bit longer.  Then just pay off the debt with a stack of AC/Arg at the factory and that's it.  Instant win and the starting creeper isn't even a threat.

There are a bunch of variables at the top of the item shop 4RPL script that are meant to be adjusted to help balance out the game mode with the map.  Instant build + instant max ammo changes how maps need to be designed.  The -10 GEN/sec credit limit + 8x blueprint multiplier + 7 minute interest penalty delay + the default instant build/ammo purchase multipliers are great if there's a lot of creeper already covering everything as seen on the original map.  Those defaults are not so great for this map.  Boosting the unit blueprint and instant build/max ammo costs and dramatically cutting the debt ceiling and interest collection waive time would have helped reduce the cheese opportunities on this map.  Players shouldn't be able to completely cover a map in fully built towers + miners and enough mortars, cannons, and, of course, nullifiers in just a few seconds time.

Side note:  This map didn't fix the item shop keyboard issues as noted by the original forum posts.
how do you make a map with this/ add this to a map