Custom Map #102: Founders - Impossible Mode. By: cornucanis

Started by AutoPost, December 08, 2020, 07:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #102: Founders - Impossible Mode

Author: cornucanis
Size: 256x192

cornucanis

First of all, I'd like to say I'm sorry for inflicting this upon the Colonies. This map is (hopefully) far more difficult than the original Founders map. It was inspired by a ridiculous strategy Fireswamp and I devised on an older version of the map. List of changes from the original:

-Removed special story cutscene triggers
-Contaminated eastern safe zone, and disabled decontamination to render the normal starting area unusable
-Added 55 second start delay on the emitter next to the Neutron Reactor
-Added Greenar Mother between the airsac cauldrons, and slightly modified the shape of this island
-Slowed down the obelisk fire time from 30 frames to 90 frames
-Modified the world's theme to fit the new difficulty

Also, here is a bit of helpful info/tips to help you on your way to victory:

Spoiler

- Gotta go fast is NOT simply a suggestion here. I don't think it's possible to beat this map if you don't go fast. I would be very impressed if someone manages to legitimately beat this map with a time over 20 minutes.
- The obelisks can only fire at one target at a time. While they're distracted with a target, they won't fire at anything else.
- Efficiency is key. Identify your objectives, and don't waste eny effort whatsoever if you wish to see victory.
- Remember, you can get some very strong hints about how to approach the map by paying close attention to the score(s) submitted to the playlog.
[close]

cornucanis

Kudos to LF for demonstrating that "Gotta Go Fast" is merely a suggestion after all by taking his time and dealing the the threat in a traditional way. Well done! I guess speedrunning isn't the only way to win, though if I'm right in my assumption about what you did I can't imagine it was very easy to get established with your strategy either. Again, well done and thanks for demonstrating that it is indeed possible to beat without insane speed  :)