Custom Map #8515: CSM MINI-09 Thanks to Karsten75. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, June 15, 2020, 04:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8515: CSM MINI-09 Thanks to Karsten75

Author: yum234
Size: 99x99

Desc:
Continue series of CSM MINI maps creating as thanks to members of our friendly KC Community. Lord Karsten75 - our Boss in Community. It seems that he is here 24 hours per day. Very careful and in the same time fruitful to make our Community better. He likes chess and very intelligent person with very wide level of knowledges. We wish him good health and Good lu in coming soon Summer Festival! #CreeperWorldForever

Loren Pechtel

I never got to use the bomb factory--while I was waiting for the zone gadget to tick down I cleared the rest of the map, by the time the factory came online I had only the emitter trapped behind the zone gadget left.

Shatterstep

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on June 15, 2020, 07:18:29 PM
I never got to use the bomb factory--while I was waiting for the zone gadget to tick down I cleared the rest of the map, by the time the factory came online I had only the emitter trapped behind the zone gadget left.

The large green zone of death kept sapping energy from the bomb factory, making it essentially useless. I guess if modifications were made to the code to prevent ammo sapping it would have worked. Alternatively, super-high packet speed might get around it... hmm... I wonder if a guppy near it would count as faster for charging it. I know the command node is close, but it isn't enough.

Good map though. Yum234's creativity is endless :)

Shatterstep

Quote from: Shatterstep on June 16, 2020, 01:45:36 AM
I wonder if a guppy near it would count as faster for charging it. I know the command node is close, but it isn't enough.

Yikes, the guppy gets drained almost immediately after landing next to bomb factory. If the bomb factory didn't require energy, but only had a limit of time, it might not be an issue.

My suggestion is to just ignore the bomb factory until the green zone has been taken.

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

marvinitfox

Nice enough map. Nice balance int he beginning.

The bomb factory is a compete red herring

And the idea of putting an emitter behind a perma-sponge? one with a rather high absorption count?
That's not very sporting.

Loren Pechtel

The large green zone of death kept sapping energy from the bomb factory, making it essentially useless. I guess if modifications were made to the code to prevent ammo sapping it would have worked. Alternatively, super-high packet speed might get around it... hmm... I wonder if a guppy near it would count as faster for charging it. I know the command node is close, but it isn't enough.

The zone kills guppies, you're not going to be able to charge it that way.

hawgwash

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on June 17, 2020, 03:20:46 PM

The zone kills guppies, you're not going to be able to charge it that way.
You can charge with a guppie from just outside the zone.

Johnny Haywire

I liked this map, and I don't usually use the bomb factory unless it's really necessary so I didn't miss it so much.

Lots of different areas to explore and conquer, and I like some of the wider, more open channels in this one.

And Karsten75 is indeed one of the most helpful people in the forums. He offers correction in a diplomatic way and is a good moderator and a skilled player. This game wouldn't be the same without the people who help the community to grow & learn. And sometimes that's a thankless job. Thanks for all your work, K75!  ;)

And thanks for another cool map with a few different twists, Yum!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

Fresh video of this map:

Let us subscribe to channel in YouTube of  new VideoMaker Dr Gorgee!
last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last