Custom Map #8538: CSM MINI-13 Thanks to Builder17. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, June 23, 2020, 07:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8538: CSM MINI-13 Thanks to Builder17

Author: yum234
Size: 99x99

Desc:
Builder17 is one of the active participants of our friendly KC Community. He can create genious ideas of units and features or new types of gameplay. He is always full of imagination, energy and very friendly to other members of our Community. I am very respect his efforts to make our Community better! We wish to Sir Builder17 brilliant creative success in MapMaking, good health and Good lu! :) #CreeperWorldForever

GuiZe

This time the tower(s) did have a use ;) Thanks again for a great map with a nice touch at the end.
Your map was the 1000th I completed by the way, glad it was one of yours !

LanceChristophr

I love all of your levels and designs! Both you and Builder17.  ;D

But this one truly has me stumped. I cannot get over the first little wave. Once I get all of the emitters along the left path, can somebody give me a clue on where I should go next? I can't seem to break through any of the attached areas.

Help!  :o
[◕_◕]
/[ ]\
UU

http://www.lancefama.com/

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: LanceChristophr on June 23, 2020, 12:55:53 PM

But this one truly has me stumped. I cannot get over the first little wave. Once I get all of the emitters along the left path, can somebody give me a clue on where I should go next? I can't seem to break through any of the attached areas.

I'm not sure where you are stuck.  There's one gate that must be blocked early on.  Once you have it you can collect everything near the CN, then go for the upgrader.  At that point you can also take the factory.

I had one problem at the end--the AC collection field gadget didn't collect any AC.

yum-forum

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on June 23, 2020, 01:54:13 PM

I'm not sure where you are stuck.  There's one gate that must be blocked early on.  Once you have it you can collect everything near the CN, then go for the upgrader.  At that point you can also take the factory.

I had one problem at the end--the AC collection field gadget didn't collect any AC.

Thanks for comment!  :D

Absolutely right tactic as you wrote above. Upgrader, Bomb Factory, AoR etc.
Concerning AC:
1. Left green absorber area produce free anti-creeper
2. You can obtain Tower chip which in some area produce free AC
3. If you do not use Sprayer-chips you have usual 2 Sprayer  units - set one to collect and one for "always on"

Good lu!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

toolforger

Very nice but 0.5 is imbalanced - whole map sections fall.

yum-forum

Quote from: toolforger on June 23, 2020, 02:05:09 PM
Very nice but 0.5 is imbalanced - whole map sections fall.

perhaps you are right but it was some part of gameplay scenario - how to get AoR and then it helps for more fast playing the rest of map.
you may replay game without using this AoR. BTW: i replayed this map several times - every time with a little different way  :D
last

LanceChristophr

Quote from: yum-forum on June 23, 2020, 02:01:49 PM

Concerning AC:
3. If you do not use Sprayer-chips you have usual 2 Sprayer  units - set one to collect and one for "always on"

I've tried blocking both the Yellow gate near the AC Emitter and the AC Gate near the Blue Emitter just above the CN, but if I don't use the terp to block the path coming down from the Blue Emitter I can't collect any of the other emitters around the start. Once I get all of the surrounding emitters I just can't advance from there.

I'm likely missing something completely obvious! I've played dozens of levels like this and haven't gotten stuck like this yet! haha

This is about as far as I can get before I hit a wall:
[◕_◕]
/[ ]\
UU

yum-forum

On your picture in the center/right you can see "white color stargate.

I started game so:
1. Send blocker to this white stargate
2. Put Terp at left from starting AC emitter
3. build heght=2 wall just at the right side  from starting AC emitter
4. get all what is possible (as in your picture) and open wall just on right from starting AC emitter
5. Open access of AC to Yellow color gate but close way in direction to CN.
6. At the bottom side of upper yellow gate near blue emitter build wall with hegt=9 to prevent explosion of blue emitter
7. after getting upper (at the left from yellow stargate) power tower i opened way near CN
something like this.
Good lu!
last

LanceChristophr

Quote from: yum-forum on June 23, 2020, 04:32:26 PM
On your picture in the center/right you can see "white color stargate.

I started game so:
1. Send blocker to this white stargate
2. Put Terp at left from starting AC emitter
3. build heght=2 wall just at the right side  from starting AC emitter
4. get all what is possible (as in your picture) and open wall just on right from starting AC emitter
5. Open access of AC to Yellow color gate but close way in direction to CN.
6. At the bottom side of upper yellow gate near blue emitter build wall with hegt=9 to prevent explosion of blue emitter
7. after getting upper (at the left from yellow stargate) power tower i opened way near CN
something like this.
Good lu!

Thank you! This really helped.

I was getting so stuck on blocking either of the Yellow Gates I didn't stop to consider blocking any of the other gates nearby. That's what I was missing.  :P
[◕_◕]
/[ ]\
UU

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: LanceChristophr on June 23, 2020, 03:28:13 PM
Quote from: yum-forum on June 23, 2020, 02:01:49 PM

Concerning AC:

I've tried blocking both the Yellow gate near the AC Emitter and the AC Gate near the Blue Emitter just above the CN, but if I don't use the terp to block the path coming down from the Blue Emitter I can't collect any of the other emitters around the start. Once I get all of the surrounding emitters I just can't advance from there.

I'm likely missing something completely obvious! I've played dozens of levels like this and haven't gotten stuck like this yet! haha

This is about as far as I can get before I hit a wall:

Wrong gate.  The one you need to block and soon is the one to the right of that power tower that is southeast of your CN.  Even in your screenshot you can see how the creep is flooding in from that gate.  The one you have blocked doesn't have enough flow to threaten your emitters and in time your emitters will drive it back.  Once you start to get anticreep through the gate terp just south of it to divert the flow west to capture that tower and emitter, then you can capture that patch east of your CN.

hawgwash

Yum, thanks for another great game.  One question.  When I connected to the AoR in the northeast that reduces creeper emitters by .5, I noticed it would periodically stop spinning and the power of the emitters would go back up.  A minute o so later it would start working again.  I had plenty of power, so that wasn't the cause.  Is this intended to work this way?  Thanks.

yum-forum

Quote from: hawgwash on June 25, 2020, 08:28:17 AM
Yum, thanks for another great game.  One question.  When I connected to the AoR in the northeast that reduces creeper emitters by .5, I noticed it would periodically stop spinning and the power of the emitters would go back up.  A minute o so later it would start working again.  I had plenty of power, so that wasn't the cause.  Is this intended to work this way?  Thanks.

Thanks for good question and you are welcome!  :)

Yes. Any AoR has drain/loss of ammo. It is possible to set so that every 1 min you need to supply AoR by for instance 300 ammo. At that time AoR not work. By other words i am trying to create situation when all creeper emitter on the map pulsing (down and up). Just to make gameplay more interesting.  :D
last

Johnny Haywire

Yanno, I've always loved these CSM maps, even in the early stages. At that time, I was a bit worried that at some point they would become too mundane and tiresome, but thanks to Yum and the other guys chipping in, they're only getting better!

I love the new additions, and I think the balancing is great!

Thanks for making such a Yumertaining map! And thanks to all the other people that are coming up with new ideas to include in these maps.  ;D ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

last