Am I the slowest player of this game?

Started by Liambp, April 21, 2010, 06:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimmer

@PHOENIX79 yeah, thats my kinda strategy as well. :) build up resources and then attack the creeper, taking my time. :)
I am in the shadows, waiting to strike, i am a...

NINJA!!!!

L'ythelle

Right before I play a map I usually look over the scores. After a while you get to know who the most skilled players are. I never expect to get the very top score, but I have surprised myself a couple of times. Then I read all the comments on a map. Sometimes there are tips in there. (Some of the best tips are disguised as criticism, so I try to read between the lines.) I never deconstruct other people's maps in the editor though.

I'm pretty sure that building up resources first is always the best strategy, (it's hard to conquer a map in a deficit) the key is to estimate how much you need, then stop building and start fighting. I am a notorious over-builder, so if it seems like my time is getting way out of hand compared to others, I start over and try to build less.

I have picked up a few tricks along the way, just by playing a lot. People are also generous with help in chat. (although I often find myself laughing too hard to type)

If I get a really bad score and don't want to play the map again, I post it anyway, just to keep myself humble.

PHOENIX79

I'm pretty sure I over-build on EVERY map.  I never go for the high score anyway. CW is my relaxation time before work, so maybe just watching the packets move around is enough for me.

Raiker Z

Beat the game once, and then go through it a second time on Double Down mode, after that, when you go back over the levels without double down the creeper becomes less of a burdon and more of a pushover ^.^ its how I got faster at least :D