Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #474: Theatre

Author: jaworeq and his wife
Size: 350x200

Desc:
Now playing: "Thalia and Melpomene"

Karsten75

Welcome back - we thought you'd fallen over a cliff...

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

This seems strange, I recall this terrain from not less than two other maps.

?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

jaworeq

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 26, 2016, 03:46:48 AM
This seems strange, I recall this terrain from not less than two other maps.

?

Erm, I've no idea what you just said ;)

GoodMorning

teknotiss

sorry about the necromancy here dudes but i was replaying some of the ones that have me stumped and this one i really do not get...

i can get about 7 omnis up and running, kill the nearest mire emitter, get the amp gem (omni reactors) aaannnd...

the enemy emergent gets my command ship every single restart! ::)

i have tried building ships but the emergent usually gets them and the CS in under 2 mins, mostly i end up with with 4 or 5 large emergent in the starting area in under 1:20.

i have tried moving up the map, didn't end well, and across to the right, and it doesn't seem to matter where i put the command ship, there is so much enemy emergent it always gets my CS and any ships i am building.

so, the questions i have for folks who remember this map are:

1: is this just a "keep respawning the CS and bash on at the map" type of map?

or

2: am i missing something, a safe spot, a better build order, what am i doing wrong?

so off to reply with a "just build omnis" strat and constant CS respawns...  ho hum...  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

ok, after 20 or so restarts i got a working method... not a neat one but it works!

Spoiler
so, this mission is going to need at least one, possibly more CS respawns, the enemy emergent is overly powerful

SAVE OFTEN!!!  :o

spawn by the Energy Mine, build the Station, build 2 omnis in space just above the station. while omnis are building use Command Ship (CS) to start on nearest Mire Emitter (ME), use omnis to finish the ME and get the first amp gem as soon as possible.

i went omni reactors, then killed the next lower ME (second form the left, lowest row) and used that ME for Benign Emergent, setting the target roughly where the second from the left ME was.

then it is a case of sending omnis in 4/5/6 groups to kill a few of the ME's above, the lowest row of them has too much emergent around them until later.

during your omni micro managing you will need to try to keep the CS safe, chances are it will not survive near the Energy Mine/Station so i sent it along the bottom of the map to use it against the last two ME's on the bottom row on the right... it died on route but then the enemy emergent seemed to hang about near the lower central area if my CS was on the right of the map and my Station was still there when respawning... this bit could be annoying if the emergent kills the Station...

then you can sit back and let the blue mire win the ME war, the killing of the doppel faces and the ringed emitter is pretty straight forwards, and once the mire war is going your way your emergent should be well able to keep the enemy emergent back from your Stations
[close]

left for posterity... and hopefully it will help someone who needs it, i could have done with this advice over the last few days of having a bash at this one!

8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

GoodMorning

Emergent attack the "middle of your domain". That's based on energy mines and ships. So sometimes, placing your ships in two different spots can lure the Emergent to float around somewhere harmless.

Also noteworthy is that Emergent "retreat" when you build more units and ships, moving back to the middle of the red-controlled area. This means that building an extra ship with no guns and leaving it just behind your front line can push Emergent away somewhat.

teknotiss

Quote from: GoodMorning on January 16, 2022, 07:37:08 PM
Emergent attack the "middle of your domain". That's based on energy mines and ships. So sometimes, placing your ships in two different spots can lure the Emergent to float around somewhere harmless.

Also noteworthy is that Emergent "retreat" when you build more units and ships, moving back to the middle of the red-controlled area. This means that building an extra ship with no guns and leaving it just behind your front line can push Emergent away somewhat.

ahh interesting, i accidentally found the first method i think then!

good tip on the second option too.

cheers dude  8)