Stealed custom maps

Started by Itsraining371, June 03, 2015, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itsraining371

Today I was playing again Creeper World:User Space and i accidentally found my map"Multitask!!!"posted here by Squaz,
how often happens that someone steals the map you've created???

Karsten75

Quote from: Itsraining371 on June 03, 2015, 11:34:39 AM
Today I was playing again Creeper World:User Space and i accidentally found my map"Multitask!!!"posted here by Squaz,
how often happens that someone steals the map you've created???
Sqaz is a long-time, respected member of this community. He's not so active these days, so I do not know if he will see this to give a response to your allegation.

Sqaz made several multi-tasking maps, namely map number 16, and  #101. A user Colin made #247. Additionally, the mapmod community made map #1000 in that style.  Then there is a map, #2323, created by -S-,  that seems to be a multi-tasking map.

Edit: The above was mistakenly  from Creeper World 2. Here is the Creeper World situation. Not that it is substantially different.

Here is a visual image of the original Creeper World maps that come up if I ask for "multitasking" - Which map is yours that pre-dates those made by sqaz?:

So which map are you claiming as yours? It would seem that Sqaz pioneered the genre with the 16th map uploaded.

Also, please note that once you upload maps you do not retain any rights to the map.

Itsraining371

I know but the map is exactly the same I created...

Itsraining371

Itsraining371

The map is "multitask!!!" from level two of Creeper World:User Space.

Karsten75

I understand your complaint, I'm trying to determine where you think your map has been copied from? I updated my previous post to show all the multitask maps in Creeper World Map database.

Itsraining371

He copied my map cause the one i made years ago is exactly the same,but with creeper map on fullscreen.

Itsraining371

I didn't post the map on knuckle cracker site.

Karsten75

Then how could he copy your map if it was never generally available?

Itsraining371

it's what i don't understand.

Karsten75

Then how about he didn't do what you accuse him of and it's coincidence? You have no evidence to back you up and you come on here flinging accusations around.

Itsraining371

Wait a month and i will post in this discussion the files of the map i create on the other pc years ago,cause it's broken.

Michionlion

There is no way he could have obtained your map if you did not post it either on the database or here on the forums.  If you did post it here on the forum,s you can provide a link to it which will make things easier.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Itsraining371

???
Maybe is just a coincidence , but the only difference is the upgrade in the top-left position.
Even a friend thinks it's the same map I made years ago...