Custom Map: Earth at Night 2

Started by AutoPost, May 01, 2011, 11:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DethbyIT

Not sure why the images here aren't resolving for you, but this link should help:
http://www.reina-helia-sananda.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=47386079

DethbyIT

mthw2vc -
Do the Emitters increase at about the 5 minute mark?
I seem to be holding it back on all continents, but start getting overwhelmed at about 5:30-5:45.
Thanks,
dbit

fridge

Same to me, DethbyIT, yes they increase a bit.

This mission is completely mad. To reach the last totem on the right corner I needed 3 minutes because it always got overwhelmed by
creepers.

I think the hard task is the beginning. You have to build 1 Blaster on the left upper side to keep the survivers alive and two mortars.
then SLOWLY build up reactors. be very careful.
Hint: Don't try to save the survivors on Hawaii in the beginning, just keep them alive.

I habe to admit I had to start over about 13 times  :o

Fisherck

Quote from: fridge on May 03, 2011, 07:56:47 PM
Same to me, DethbyIT, yes they increase a bit.

This mission is completely mad. To reach the last totem on the right corner I needed 3 minutes because it always got overwhelmed by
creepers.

I think the hard task is the beginning. You have to build 1 Blaster on the left upper side to keep the survivers alive and two mortars.
then SLOWLY build up reactors. be very careful.
Hint: Don't try to save the survivors on Hawaii in the beginning, just keep them alive.

I habe to admit I had to start over about 13 times  :o

Great job! Good tips too, that is the way to do it. ;)

Quote from: DethbyIT on May 03, 2011, 06:30:08 PM
mthw2vc -
Do the Emitters increase at about the 5 minute mark?
I seem to be holding it back on all continents, but start getting overwhelmed at about 5:30-5:45.
Thanks,
dbit

They do, here is what I put in the starting text of the map. ::)
Emitter Increases:
3 minutes: The bottom right and left most emitters will increase in strength. The survivors will be in even more danger.
4 1/2 minutes: All emitters will increase. Better have saved everyone by now!
5 1/2 minutes: The bottom 4 emitters will increase, making it more difficult to get to Antartica.

Quote from: DethbyIT on May 03, 2011, 11:24:17 AM
Can't seem to make it work.
I've managed to get all of the survivors (except Hawaii), but then get overrun by Creeper in Siberia.

Interesting game though - I'll monitor to see if anyone else can get it.
dbit

Spoiler
Do you mean above Odin City or to the Right of Odin City? I never had a problem above OC. And to keep the right side of OC from overflowing, I keep a blaster there, firing only part of the time.
[close]
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

DethbyIT

:-[

I now remember reading about the Emitter increases, but have been skipping right through the Intro on subsequent attempts...Oops!

Spoiler

My first weapon is the Africa Mortar that I keep moving from South to North.
Next is the Drone to keep bombing Hawaii.
Next is the OC Blaster - below OC. This does stop the Creeper over there.
Next is the Alaska Blaster. Will that protect the Hawaii survivors all by itself, or do I need to keep flying the Drone?
At this point (+/- 5:00) the creeper will overflow either South America or break the England/North America connection.

I think I need to get another Mortar in play somewhere, but not sure of the timing/location.
[close]

Thanks.

Fisherck

Spoiler
I think the main problem is that you are sending your first drone to the wrong place. I believe the survivor will be safer longer than you think. To keep the surviors in South America safe, I send my first drone down there, right on the tip, so the African mortar does not get overloaded. And yes, a single blaster will protect the survivor in Hawaii.
[close]
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

DethbyIT

Aha!
Trial number eleventy-seven coming right up.
Thanks.

snowmaker (JM)

Very fun!!! I certainly had to work for this one :D

DethbyIT

Finished...barely.
I kept losing my links to NA and SA, so finally stationed a Blaster near Morroco - which allowed me to finish.

Now to go wash out my eyeballs and get some rest.
dbit