Custom Map: Earth at Night 2

Started by AutoPost, May 01, 2011, 11:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Earth at Night 2

Author: Fisherck

Desc:
I had to think, what could be the best last map I could make? And it hit me! Why not remake my first one? So here you have it. My last map, or at least for a long time to come. Looking from this one to my first, you can see how far I have come. From stacked emitters to custom backgrounds. Have fun!

Fisherck

Sadly, with CW2 near, this will be my last map. I worked very hard to give it a nice background and also challenge you. Hopefully I have not failed! Besides what I normally do, I will also put a picture of my first map, so you (and I ;)) can appreciate the difference and how far I have come since I started. But I would also like to thank everyone who's maps I have played. Without those, I could not be as good as I am today. Thank you. :)

And of course, I cannot forget the very reason I have made these maps. I would also like to thank everyone and anyone who ever downloaded, played, beat, and/or commeneted on my map. I would also like to thank all of you. :)

Wow, I sure have gone far... ;D

My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Ebon Heart

awesome map! I'll play it in a bit and let you know how I do. lol
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Fisherck

First clue in picture form. Setup is very important...

Spoiler

Here I am starting to build a mortar. I let that mortar fire a shot where it is then head down to Africa, where it will need to patrol Africa's borders. That will protect you from most of the creeper. But the survivors outside your area of control will need to be protected. A drone would do well to protect them. ;)
[close]

And of course, if anyone is having problems at any parts of the map, feel free to ask. I would be perfectly willing to help. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

DethbyIT

I saw this and went back to give that first one a shot - good stuff.
It took me a few tries to get it though.

This one is kicking my butt (so far), but then all good games should make you work to win.

I don't want any hints yet - but will be back when I do.
dbit

DethbyIT

Spoiler

How about a little more help?
Build sequence of weapons/reactors?
[close]

Fisherck

Some help....

Spoiler
First off, a picture is worth a thousand words. Here is the picture of the end of the map for me (in the second spoiler if you do not want to see that yet, but it will help you picture what I am saying).
Spoiler
[close]
Okay from the beginning in stages:
Stage 1:
Immediately go for the first upgrade on the right. I used the 10% less build upgrade. Then I went for the second upgrade and got the 10% more energy upgrade. After that, I lit up Europe, and Asia with collectors before building my first mortar (the key is to get as much energy as possible before needing to build it).

Stage 2:
Once the mortar is built, I let it get ammo packets until it fires one shot, then I rush it over to the bottom of Africa and let it fire a couple there. Before it lands at the bottom of Africa, I have all places that I can reach built with collectors (as shown in picture). I let the mortar jump between the top and bottom of Africa to keep all sides low and to prevent it from firing to much.

Stage 3:
While the mortar is jumping around, I start building my relay to North America which will give you a lot of collector room. And, anyways, the survivor in Hawaii needs saving! A single blaster on part time will protect the survival pod until you have the energy needed to collect it. Also, at the same time start builing a drone. This will allow you some mobility in protection that will be well needed. Just one drone for now, though. And part way through this entire process, you will need to start building out to Australia, which will be overrun soon, and save the survival pod. This will strain your resources, but it is needed. Don't worry if you loose Australia afterword.

Stage 4:
This part becomes less restricted. It is more up to you, what to do. A blaster will need to be built to stop the creeper from overflowing to the right of Odin City. After the pool is sufficiently reduced, I move it over to North America, right next to the emitter that is going to harm Hawaii and let it fire it's fill,  and build another blaster in it's place. By now your drone should be built (if I remember correctly ;)) and I have it bomb the bottom of South Africa to protect the surivors. At the same time I head to south America by building a relay to save the surviviors.

Stage 5:
Now it is up to you. You should have saved the survivors from all but Hawaii, and you have the reactor tech. Get some more energy and build up your defences. Save the last survivors from Hawaii and head to Antartica. Then your finished!

Hopefully that helped, and was not to lengthy ;D. Also, all of this as from memory and may not be a hundred percent accurate. Feel free to adjust as it pleases you! 8)

[close]
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Ebon Heart

As great as the hints are... I SUCK at geography, I feel so stupid, I can't figure out which one is north America, and which one's Africa!!

Fisherck

Hmmm, that could be a problem... :D

I will help you out

Red= North America
Yellow= South America
Brown= Europe
White(white)= Africa
Blue= Asia
Green= Australia
Pink= Antartica

There is your geography lesson for the day for anyone who needs help. And if anyone needs help and is color blind... Just ask, I will fix it so you can read it too... ::)

EDIT:Attached photo
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

DethbyIT

Thanks for the tips - working it.
dbit

DethbyIT

Can't seem to make it work.
I've managed to get all of the survivors (except Hawaii), but then get overrun by Creeper in Siberia.

Interesting game though - I'll monitor to see if anyone else can get it.
dbit

Buck

Quote from: DethbyIT on May 03, 2011, 11:24:17 AM
Can't seem to make it work.
I've managed to get all of the survivors (except Hawaii), but then get overrun by Creeper in Siberia.

Interesting game though - I'll monitor to see if anyone else can get it.
dbit

Same here.  Creeper gets out of hand at that point for me as well.  I'm having fun with it though, I like running into a map that gives me fits and is hard.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Fisherck on May 02, 2011, 10:57:48 PM
Hmmm, that could be a problem... :D

I will help you out

Red= North America
Yellow= South America
Brown= Europe
White(white)= Africa
Blue= Asia
Green= Australia
Pink= Antartica

There is your geography lesson for the day for anyone who needs help. And if anyone needs help and is color blind... Just ask, I will fix it so you can read it too... ::)
Hmm? all the land masses on the map are the same color! Did you mean to include a picture there??

mthw2vc

There is a picture there... It might not be loading for you.

Ebon Heart

I guess, I don't see any hint what-so-ever that there's a picture there. And I'm great at math, science, you name it.... just not geography or any sort of directional stuff. I can get lost going around the block!