Custom Map: Ebon Heart's Expert Round

Started by AutoPost, March 20, 2011, 11:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Ebon Heart's Expert Round

Author: Ebon_Heart

Desc:
All thanks goes to Jonas, who's original map, "Expert Run" This is based off of. And also to mthw2vc, who helped me test this map and get it to where it is. I had tried to send a message to Jonas, but it appears as if he's deleted his account... so I figured he wouldn't mind. Link in the comments!

Ebon Heart

first off, if you're going to give a map  score of 1 because you downloaded it and lost the first time, at least have the guts to leave a comment! it's expert only for a reason. Anyways, i'll have a link up when i get home, i was going to have a link to the original map, but im on my phone atm. Also, if you think you can beat this map because you've beaten loki.... go back to the custom map screen, find yourself a nice trivial map, and don't waste your time. *rant temporarily over*
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

snowmaker (JM)

Unit placement is everything... I figured out where the blaster(s) should be five minutes in... Thankfully I had an extra blaster to make the adjustment  ;)

edit: blaster(s)

Ebon Heart

i about couldn't figure it out myself. mthw2vc had to help. i was sending him screen shots as i beat it. XD and i need to modify my first post when i get to a computer, i said, "anyways" twice. lmao

Toaster

Apparently I'm no expert.....
Kudos to all who finish this one.

Ebon Heart

i'll try to make a video sometime. i drastically need to improveupon my score anyways. go to youtube and search for the video on the first expert round, you can use roughly the same strategy and beat this.
EDIT: here's the original map. http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=211&page=

tpatana

Crap crap. I just can't get through.

Best attempt I had collection total 4.2 and 5 blasters, but no, can't do.

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me how to get started beyond that? No need to spoil here, you can pm me and that's cool. Maybe just tell first ~15 things to build and roughly where/how so I could try myself too. I feel so stupid :(

I think this is first map I cannot complete even with some 20-30 tries.

tpatana

Thanks for tips. Still with instructions, I had to try couple of times. I didn't figure out you had to be that aggressive on the start. Finally done. Can't believe the top times, I was just about breaking free from the middle at that point.

Ebon Heart

Ya, I had the same problem. Even with 4 blasters it's just a temporary reprieve.

DethbyIT

Another excellent map!
I'm trying to get the timing down just right, but I'm thinking to max out the energy and build 4 Blasters at the last second.
Yes/No/Maybe?

dbit

Ebon Heart

glad you like it.... i really need a video up. and it's by far the hardest map i've made. (maybe at least some screen shots of the start, but im about 130 miles away from my house atm, writing this on my cell phone.)

Ebon Heart

here's a video for everyone!
compliments of mthw2vc.

Fisherck

So I finished it, with a fair time. Great map! Drones don't need to be used. ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

mthw2vc

I still don't feel the ending went all that well. Well, I'll just have to improve it further in the morning.

DethbyIT

Finished but with a phony score.
I couldn't figure this one out until I saw the video (the ultimate hint).
I will try it again on my own, now that I know how the Creeper flows.

Thanks to EH and mthw2vc.

dbit

[Edit - real time of 15:22]