Custom Map: The Wall

Started by AutoPost, March 08, 2011, 09:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: The Wall

Author: NULL

Desc:
I bet you can't beat that map. Well... at least most of you.

fridge

Ok, this is really tight. The trick is to...gain more energy than you can when the game starts...don't use drones in the beginning.

snowmaker (JM)

The beginning is definitely tricky ;)  If you like these types of maps try this one ...
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=517&page=

DethbyIT

Any spoilers for those of us a little more 'challenged'?
Spoiler
Fill in the blank
[close]

I can get 7 Reactors and 3 Blasters before being overwhelmed.
Thanks,
dbit

fridge

I can get 7 reactors and 1 Blaster and the I bust. 3 Blasters ? That's very good.

snowmaker (JM)

Here is what I did in the beginning since that is the hardest part.

Spoiler
I moved OC slightly and that was just so that I could build behind it. Placement of blasters is critical. I finally moved the blasters closer to both sides.
[close]

-Snowmaker

DethbyIT

(JM) -
Thanks for the picture (old Infantry guys need pictures).
That is 'about' what I have tried, but will modify slightly and try it again.
Appreciate the assist.
dbit

DethbyIT

It took a few tries and some jiggling around, but finally got it to work.
Thanks.

I wasted lots of time making an unneeded connection, so might have to make another run at this thing - after I rest my eyes.
dbit

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: DethbyIT on March 13, 2011, 08:39:52 AM
(JM) -
Thanks for the picture (old Infantry guys need pictures).
That is 'about' what I have tried, but will modify slightly and try it again.
Appreciate the assist.
dbit

Anytime  :)

NULL

You can wait >20 secs in the beginning and still beat the map. My time (16:21) has lots of room for improvement and was reached with waiting 20 secs in the beginning.

fridge

of course, NULL, of course...

NULL

@fridge: don't count out the possibilities of such solutions so easily...

You can solve the map in two different ways. You can stay in the button right corner and do what all of you did (except maybe f-it i cheated). This solution is, in fact, unintended.

But there is a 2nd way that requires a small amount of thinking. It includes moving the city early in the game. The place where it has to be moved should be obvious. But I won't spoil the details here.

k3jsparks

Wow! what a challenging start! I had to start over at least 15 times before I figured out how to arrange things--and I'm not sure I could remember how to do it again.

llljjj

Finally I managed to win - although with the slowest time, but it does not matter.
I have improved the time :)