Custom Map: Cafe Wall Illusion

Started by AutoPost, August 18, 2010, 08:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Cafe Wall Illusion

Author: Fisherck

Desc:
After seeing a few "illusion" maps, I decided I had to make one myself. This one is called a Cafe Wall illusion. See if you can find out what the illusion does, and when you are playing this map, you might find another one...

Fisherck

Hmmm... The name changed. I see how they get the apostrophe above the e. Guess there are multiple illusions in this map, including one I did not know about. :P

Anyway, here is the map.

and the illusion this map was modeled after.

(it looks better smaller)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Karsten75

I asked Virgil to fix your map title on the maps page and here in the forum.

Please try and not put special characters in map names/file titles.  SPIFFEN wrote about that a while back.

Fisherck

My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

SPIFFEN

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 18, 2010, 09:29:40 PM
Please try and not put special characters in map names/file titles.  SPIFFEN wrote about that a while back.

Heres an link to that thread : Custom map letters that makes the upload/download fail .

And UpperKEES added your map to : Optical illusions maps .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Fisherck

Quote from: SPIFFEN on August 19, 2010, 03:40:49 AM
Quote from: Karsten75 on August 18, 2010, 09:29:40 PM
Please try and not put special characters in map names/file titles.  SPIFFEN wrote about that a while back.
Heres an link to that thread : Custom map letters that makes the upload/download fail .

The letters do not make the upload/download fail, though. At least I think so, I tried it myself and had no problems. In fact, in the custom map menu, they reorganized back to what they should be.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Fisherck

My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

SPIFFEN

He he well it did mess up your map name during uploade , so that failed =P

The effect looks better in the Thumbnail pic , but you did manage to make it look nice =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Fisherck

Quote from: SPIFFEN on August 20, 2010, 06:47:03 AM
He he well it did mess up your map name during uploade , so that failed =P

The effect looks better in the Thumbnail pic , but you did manage to make it look nice =)

Thanks, I went looking for an illusion that was as simple as possible, while looking as good as possible.
This one only used straight lines, and the illusion is caused by the contrast of black and white together.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

RichieRich

Sheesh this is a toughie. Can't get started in this at all.

Fisherck

From the look of the score board, your not the only one. :D So I think a helpfull picture is needed on how to start this map.

Now, the things you need to take note of are:

Where the collectors are, each one allows optimum building space and some allow to reach over and collect the techs.
.Where the blasters are, they are positioned so they will not fire straight into the pit but only at Creeper coming out, this will save you a lot of energy. The one at the very right will keep the Creeper from overflowing onto the black tile and down into your space.
.The Mortar that is deactivated will be needed later when the Creeper on the left side of the city gets to high, and will eventually help you take other parts of the map.

Well, that is it in a nutshell. This should help you beat the map now! Hopefully...

EDIT: I also forget to mention that the 20% range increase would be an upgrade you do not want to get. It will also take away to much energy. Thanks RichieRich for reminding me. :D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

RichieRich

Thanks for the hint. Which helped me finish with a terrible time  :P

I had unwisely chosen to upgrade the fire range perviosuly which left me using too much energy.

Very good map thanks and will be trying it again.

DethbyIT

Good map, but I couldn't get the start you're showing up above.
I survived, then slogged through it.
One of these days I'm going to have to master that whole 'quick start' thing.
Thanks,
dbit