AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Wizy's Campaign 8

Author: Wizy

Desc:
Final map of the series.
Defeat the nexus.

New tech: none, upgrades for all techs

HiredGun

Another [expletive deleted - G.] map. Congratulations.

J

How many times do we have to say this again: Please explain why in order to help the map maker creating his next map so it won't be a ... map.

Wizy

Some people like the challenge and the intense gameplay.
There are 4,000 maps that are pretty much the same with different terrain layout. I bring something different for a small portion of the players, but apparently that disturbs other players that feel like they must beat every single map submitted.

Anyway, I'm not going to upload any more maps. I'm not sharing anything to receive insults from some troll.

Anonymeus

Wizy - just to let you know I've greatly enjoyed yr maps (except campaign 1, where getting the 3-way bridging alignment was just too fiddly). Please keep the challenges coming....

lane

Thanks for the tough maps. I got through the first 7 maps but this one has me stumped. I can get the survivors, build a few items, and get 4 of the tech upgrades, but not much further after the big wave of creeper comes. Are there any hints available I assume I'm missing something and it will be like the rest of the campaign with an "ahh" moment (and alot of pausing).

Anonymeus

Seriously Wizi dude - do post some new stuff if you have it  ;D

Wizy

Sorry for the late reply, been busy.
I haven't finished any new map, well I have one but still needs many tweaks.

Hints
After the survivors are safe, you can play more relaxed. You don't have to start building right away, instead fly OC along with thor to every upgrade. Once you have all the upgrades, find some good spot to start building (I think the bottom-left corner is the best one). Thor alone should be able to defend your first structures.
You will need lots of everything, including SAMs. Excluding: drones (some might help though) relays and mortars.
You will also need patience, keep in mind some spores might break through :P Just rebuild what you lose if that happens.
[close]

lane

I think how to get Thor built is what I'm missing. I figured there must be a way to survive on one of the cliffs long enough to build Thor.

Wizy

Quote from: lane on September 28, 2012, 02:36:43 AM
I think how to get Thor built is what I'm missing. I figured there must be a way to survive on one of the cliffs long enough to build Thor.
Oh so you managed to rescue the survivors without thor o.o
Good one, but that way it is much harder (maybe impossible) to proceed when the nexus awakens.
Quote from: opening textObjetives:

-Build Thor.
-Rescue the survivors.
-Collect upgrades.
-Activate the totems.
Solution
Place thor next to OC before the timer starts.
[close]

fridge

Ok, here's a hint to save some time:
Spoiler
beginn to build thor, then fly after some seconds to teh right, use upgrades and espiacelly fly faster 30%). wait for 20 refill energy go back to thor. This way you save 10 seconds :), then back and save survivor, then to the right bottom corner and start building...
[close]

Awesome map, lots of fun, when comes the next one ?! Please !!

Wizy

Quote from: fridge on October 02, 2012, 05:59:18 AM
Ok, here's a hint to save some time:
Spoiler
beginn to build thor, then fly after some seconds to teh right, use upgrades and espiacelly fly faster 30%). wait for 20 refill energy go back to thor. This way you save 10 seconds :), then back and save survivor, then to the right bottom corner and start building...
[close]

Awesome map, lots of fun, when comes the next one ?! Please !!
Spoiler
ops That's actually a bug, OC wasn't supposed to fit in there, I forgot to fix that gap after moving a upgrade from there :P oh well
[close]
Glad you liked it.
I'm afraid there will be no next one anytime soon. (It's not because of that~ comment. Lately I don't have any free time. :()

fridge

Hey Wizy, that's ok - good stuff needs time. May be I will finally make a map. A mix of many genre mix. See you.