Getting external variables

Started by Tyler21, April 09, 2015, 08:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler21

I was wondering whether it is possible to import external variables (for instance from an online spreadsheet) into the game via some script.
I am asking this because I was thinking about a very primitive multiplayer mod (where players can assist each other) and this would be necessity.
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

warren

Absolutely not. There is no way to communicate with the outside world from CRPL scripts.

Telanir

Yeah, have to agree with Warren. We want to keep things in-project and super limited otherwise you get all sorts of security issues. Maps don't go through a review process so we don't know what people might be dishonest and do something shady.
This was never supported, I don't suppose it will be later either.
Want to make genius CRPL? The new top map? You can start here!

Find out more about Creeper World 3 on the wiki!

CW3, The Sleeper Menace!

Own an iOS device? Check out my game Blobivers

Tyler21

Thanks for the quick replies, I'll make another map then :)
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

planetfall

Actually, you can detect whether a specific shield key has been collected, which allows different maps to communicate with each other in a rudimentary way. However there is no way to rescind a shield key once collected without the player manually modifying artifactstats.dat
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.