Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1055: Autopilot PAC

Author: qople
Size: 256x160

dklk

What a great map! but there's a way to cheese it in record time:

Spoiler

Let it run for maybe a second, then delete the first spawner and pause - replace it with two launchers. Aim them at location of the portal for the ERN.
They should fire in sync, this will overwhelm the one anti air and kill it, the ERN and a couple of others.
As soon as they launch the first barrage, aim them south at the flattish bit between you and the factory, they should fire two more just before the first shot lands - delete them and place a spawner before it does, the second shot will cover it enough to spawn. surround it with launchers (you should have at least 7 or 8 ERN) and aim them all at the poor rift lab. It won't take long to completely overwhelm it in spores.

[close]
My best time is 3 min 6 seconds.
I think this could be fixed by:
Spoiler
adding a second pre built anti air by the ERN?
[close]

Still, this is really fun, hope you make some more!

WithersChat

Wasn't that hard, actually. And I almost feel like with and without actual AI is a different game mode. It really needs a different approach.
There is no signature!

Karzon

I managed to do both of the previous PAC maps, but I'm not having any luck with this.  No matter what I try to do to an ern unit, they fly away first - even if they were completely surrounded by creeper and cut off from energy.

SteveCarlo

Quote from: dklk on March 18, 2021, 11:15:11 AM
What a great map! but there's a way to cheese it in record time:

Still, this is really fun, hope you make some more!

after having this board eat my lunch , man, that was fun!   Thank you

fraterpotens

Such a different game mode than the fixed design PAC. A lot more chaotic when you put together your perfect plan to slip thorough the defenses and snatch an ERN and then it just flies away.

This map was pretty fast but only because the defenders go so deep into deficit in the first minute of build out that you can pick off several more ERN with blobs. Would be ra lot harder if you waited two minutes to get started.

D0m0nik

I don't get this at all, too much chance involved. Sometimes enemy units commit suicide and land in the creep sometimes they are impossible to get too as they keep evading. No rhyme or reason. I restarted 3 times with the same strategy, 1 time I quickly gained 2 ERNS with no effort the other 2 I couldn't get near them.

BrokenLifeCycle

You know what's the most frustrating part about this?

Your own creeper works against you. Because it's a fluid, it doesn't stay put where you need it to go. As such, it WASTES SO MUCH TIME trying to accumulate enough to activate that single emitter you needed to push. Don't tell me to use mesh because it's even slower. By the time I finally get some kind of momentum, the AI has eco'd up enough to just outgun me. Combined with how restrictive the terrain is to where I can place my units and I'm about to throw a PC out the window.

I don't care if I lose to the AI. I don't care about the counters to Spore, Blobs, and Skimmers. I care when my main method of attack does not cooperate with me and betrays me. Every. Single. Time.