Custom Map #1369: NEXUS 02

Started by AutoPost, August 21, 2012, 03:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1369: NEXUS 02

Author: yum234

Desc:

clbuttic

A sense of urgency is required when dealing with this. I, unfortunately, have no sense of urgency. Good work, but tricksy!

yum-forum

Simple game also not interesting. In this game if You find out right way (initial idea of game) it will be not sence of urgency. It is only my oppinion. Sorry, please!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

a

The level of interest for setting a record.

dwb

teknotiss

no worries again.  :)
this is all about killing a nexus before the creeper gets to either of them. and there's lots of free stuff, so you need to be efficient at first and get some gems and technytes.
i'll chuck some screenies to this post 0to give you an idea of the start i used, just click them to enlarge them.

so i placed a DBeam and a mirror above the "x" marked terrain, and disabled them until i get some free energy, and built 4 reactors. i also moved the LS down too.
i then dug for the white gem in the center, and added a few reactors, one at a time, you shouldn't go deep into energy deficit in the first few secs, a sec saved at the start can shave minutes off the endgame.
once i got the white gem i spammed reactors along the top and dug for some of the nearest pickups, i also Started building the first DBeam. once the reactors were done i built the PCoils, this used up the white gem and from here you should be able to clean up.
remember only one nexus has to die for the win!
hope that helps, if you need more let me know, this is a great map, happy to be replaying it!
later dude!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Laela

As soon as nexus dies, it kills ship too.

Builder17

Quote from: Laela on July 21, 2021, 07:05:56 PM
As soon as nexus dies, it kills ship too.

Haven't played this map, but would moving LS (Liberation Ship) further upwards on map work? :)