i'm doing something wrong, but i can't see it

Started by teknotiss, August 15, 2013, 04:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

i "borrowed"  ::) the scripts from meso (since adjusting other scripts and seeing how they work is a good way for me to pick things up), so i copied the meso scripts and i've arranged a pyramid map. i don't use notepad+ should i be?
so i put a CRPL core on a pyramid, gave it the "idol" script (i really hope thats the AC pyramid script or i missed something HUGE when i looked at the "golum" script)
set the script to connect and request packets and ammo (max 10, tried 100 too same lack of effects), but not AC, and tested in the editor.
the core went invisible (i'd left the graphics setting as they were cos i thought i'd just get the default core graphic, is that wrong? when i went back to check it had changed from default to a custom0_256, so i reset it to default and retested and it jumped back to custom0_256) and just request packets, no visible shield and no AC at 30 secs (900 frames is 30secs right?) ran it for a minute game time and nada.  :(
can someone help. i've attached the folder with the save and scripts if someone could check it out and see what i've missed
cheers in advance
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

Most people here would prefer a .zip file. :)

Create a zipped folder and just frag everything into it. Windows will self-compress and it's easy to extract as well.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

CobraKill

I'll take a look when I get home. The graphics are probably because the sheild is an image and the core changes its image wether it's powered or not.

The way I did my map is just to open the Meso map in the custom maps delete everything and resize the map. That way you have the images and the scripts and they just need to placed and setup to be usable.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

teknotiss

Quote from: CobraKill on August 15, 2013, 04:59:41 PM
I'll take a look when I get home. The graphics are probably because the sheild is an image and the core changes its image wether it's powered or not.

The way I did my map is just to open the Meso map in the custom maps delete everything and resize the map. That way you have the images and the scripts and they just need to placed and setup to be usable.

delete and resize? i did this:
Quote from: CobraKill on August 15, 2013, 01:22:00 AM
Most of the scripts I use are from story maps and just edited for what I need.

Go to projects and create a map. It'll load the map and then just go back to the projects screen. Open My Documents and go into Creeeper World 3 then World Editor. Find the folder that has the name of the map you just created. Delete the files and scripts folders in there and move the Custom Map you want in there. Rename it as save, and than open the map in CW3.

Voila. Editable map.

Make sure you rename it as save. That seems to be your problem.
i renamed the map save and ran it, i guess it created the scripts folder then. but how do i resize? (i may just retry the whole process.)
i used a blank 177x177 map that i then copied from a test map folder and i replaced the meso save (calling it save) but left the scripts, is this where i went wrong? i thought i would get the scripts etc and be able to reassign them to new cores? well still anything you can do to help is appreciated.
Quote from: Grauniad on August 15, 2013, 04:48:00 PM
Most people here would prefer a .zip file. :)

Create a zipped folder and just frag everything into it. Windows will self-compress and it's easy to extract as well.

really?  ??? i haven't used winzip for a decade i think, most of the people i know use winrar cos it also opens zips  ::) and a lot of the mods for other games i've dl'd have been .rar's.
well time to find out if winrar also zips otherwise i need to go winzip hunting   ;)  it does! wooo! :o
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

Quote from: teknotiss on August 15, 2013, 05:30:42 PM
... otherwise i need to go winzip hunting   ;)  it does! wooo! :o

You misunderstand.

In Windows, Right-click context menu, click "New -> Compressed  (zipped) file, and you have the structure. Now whenever you drag any item into the structure you just created, it will be zipped up. No need to hunt for anything and your Windows recipients don't need to hunt for any .rar support either.

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on August 15, 2013, 05:45:47 PM
... otherwise i need to go winzip hunting   ;)  it does! wooo! :o

You misunderstand.

In Windows, Right-click context menu, click "New -> Compressed  (zipped) file, and you have the structure. Now whenever you drag any item into the structure you just created, it will be zipped up. No need to hunt for anything and your Windows recipients don't need to hunt for any .rar support either.

nope, i tried that and the process failed, it wanted to reassign all zip functions to the "Compressed (zipped) file" and then broke  ::) . so i right clicked the folder and, instead of "add to "x".rar archive", i did "add to archive" and winrar gave me the option of zip'ing or rar'ing. so all the same in the end, prob a conflict cos winrar is installed and i use XP  ::) or some other microsoft gremlin  :D

Grauniad

XP? My bad, I forgot some people run software that old. :) I was talking out of my (Win 7) place.

CobraKill

i renamed the map save and ran it, i guess it created the scripts folder then. but how do i resize? (i may just retry the whole process.)
i used a blank 177x177 map that i then copied from a test map folder and i replaced the meso save (calling it save) but left the scripts, is this where i went wrong? i thought i would get the scripts etc and be able to reassign them to new cores? well still anything you can do to help is appreciated.

You can edit the size of the map. One. Make sure you delete the scripts folder. When the game loads the save it'll create the scripts from Meso. Two. You can resize a map while editing it. When editing a map, click on the edit map button and go to the terrain tab. You should see a button that says resize map. The rest should be self explantory.

CobraKill

Okay I looked at your scripts. The script sets the core at a certain image. The shield is also an image. Copy the Meso file and resize it how I told you to. Then you'll have the images and scripts you need on a blank map. If you want to change the image of the CRPL idol weapons, message me or join in chat and we can fix it.

knucracker

Attached is a zip with the images from meso in it (The shield, the idol, the golem).

teknotiss

cheers dudes, i hadn't spotted the resize map option in the editor, how long's that been there?  ;)
i think i may have it this time, but one Q for V, in the meso map there are loads of see thru cores, are they target zones for the golums, or something else entirely?  ???
anyway thanks again for the help!

CobraKill

There just cores with images attached to make the map look better. They don't do anything else. They don't even have scripts. The only cores you should save if you don't want to redo them is the ones topping the pyramids.

teknotiss

just coming back to post that i'd worked that one out and you'd replied, cheers anyway dude!  :D