Custom Map #9367: Q29.55-yyY2. By: PastorHealer

Started by AutoPost, March 07, 2021, 02:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D0m0nik

Inspired thinking there H!

Edit - no need to land a CN or build any reactors!

Helper

D - you got it! Thanks.
I finally read through the posts enough to figure out what you were talking about.
I "almost" pulled it off, but crashed and burned just after this save.
No worries though, I'll jump back in after a brain break.
One of PH's better games, for sure.

D0m0nik

Maximum aggresion H! If there is a space on the map it must have a cannon, a relay or a nulifier in it!

Helper

Helper

Very satisfied with this run through, even though I ended up in next to last place.
Right after this I connected the two top bases and kept the 3rd CN floating and setting down occasionally. (No, I don't know why.)
Great way to spend a lazy sunny afternoon.
Thanks for all the advice and all the fun.
H

Riskbreaker

holy moley, 3min?

my strat isnt fast enough haha, even though i nuked the inhib from below using the two center CN slots

Helper

Quote from: Riskbreaker on March 07, 2021, 06:28:43 PM
holy moley, 3min?

my strat isnt fast enough haha, even though i nuked the inhib from below using the two center CN slots

Nice time!
Will you post a screen shot(s) showing your technique?
Thanks,
H

Riskbreaker

i went full offense with build time instead of fire rate...and cutting the small digitalis thread right below inhibitor reduced a lot of the threat from the pesky bugs

edit. and after the print, it still took me a minute and a half to get the message boxes  :P

Helper

D0m0nik

The message boxes slowed me down also. I think if you combine both of your strategies with my strategy of 3 CNs you could get this well under 3 mins. one floating middle top, one floating middle bottom and one on the ground for the south west attack.

In fact looking at Rskbreakers screenhot, 2.32 would seem very possible!

Helper

Having finally (after all these years) been able to clear a PH map, is the Crystal thing new or have they always been hiding in there somewhere?
(Asking for a friend.)
Thanks,
H

pastor.healer

I have no idea what you're talking about Helper....  ::)

Helper

Quote from: pastor.healer on March 08, 2021, 05:31:46 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about Helper....  ::)

Is that the trut and the whole trut?

Johnny Haywire

The inhibitor died quickly (2-3 minutes?) but the map kept going, and I realized I'd missed a doo-dad pickup thing. I'm not sure why they were there, but that frustrated me a little. Thankfully not too many people ended up in the hospital this time.

This wasn't a super-enjoyable map for me, mainly because of having to play "Air Traffic Controller"  >:( with multiple CN's

I was glad to get through this map on the first attempt and be done with it.

I'm super-impressed with Dom's score - wow, amazing dude!  :o  I am not even going to try to attempt that kind of ludicrousity. I'm beginning to suspect that Dom is a Skynet A.I. cyborg sent here from the future to influence us to kill each other with ceiling fans. And that would mean that PH is probably one of the engineers that works for them in the present. But I suppose there could be another explanation.  :P

Thanks for the map!  ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on March 09, 2021, 03:07:13 PM
I'm beginning to suspect that Dom is a Skynet A.I. cyborg sent here from the future to influence us to kill each other with ceiling fans.

Excellant work human