Custom Map #1578: Take The Castle -PAC-. By: AlFaNuGan

Started by AutoPost, January 07, 2015, 11:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1578: Take The Castle -PAC-

Author: AlFaNuGan
Size: 90x150

Desc:
First try at a Play As Creeper map. #PAC Major credits to Hubs for the PAC template and teknotiss and stdout for all their hard work.

stdout

Well, I've completely taken the bottom half of the map and am at a complete standstill now. I see no strategy that can get me into the top half. It must be possible, but the answer is eluding me.

EEderle

Same for me! Please help

stdout

I got it.
Spoiler
You have to syncronize the spore towers so they all hit at once. Aim for the left (or right maybe?) side and slowly work your way up. Took quite a few tries before I got it but I now have an emitter on the first PZ up there.
[close]

RrR

There is a much easier (and faster) way - possibly unintended - if you use all the tools at your disposal.

stdout

You must be referring to the field but I couldn't get a foothold using the field.

RrR

stdout

alfanugan

Sorry to frustrate!

I added the three power zones at the main land during my play testing due to the same issue of getting stuck on the bottom half. 

Spoiler
I pushed to the "beach front" by building a stock of creeper, then sent it up the middle with a field to grab a PZ on the beach.  I used a couple of spores to distract the Pulse Cannon, Mortar, and Sprayer away from the center.  After you get one PZ on the beach it is hard to lose.  After I was almost done I found the terp could still be used by the player to set all the walls to a height of 3, however I didn't use this trick to complete the map before uploading.
[close]

Perhaps in an update the controls for the terp and forge could be removed, I wanted to add an effect like someone was actively playing against you.  Thanks for the feedback, it will help me for the next one.
/\lways (oca(ola

RrR

Quote from: stdout on January 08, 2015, 06:08:21 PM
The terp?
Spoiler
Take control of the terp. Winning move.
You can block the line of sight of the PC and sprayers on the bottom islands and the top. Make sure you stop the PC being terped up to level 10.
Lower terrain to make it easy to push creeper onto the mortars.
Also use terp to drain the guppy's power.
[close]

stdout

Spoiler
Line of sight! Of course. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Nice thinking, RrR.
[close]

thumbmaster

I'm confused. How exactly can we "use the terp"? Every time I get creeper on it, it just dies.  :o
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

RrR

Quote from: thumbmaster on January 09, 2015, 04:34:41 PM
I'm confused. How exactly can we "use the terp"? Every time I get creeper on it, it just dies.  :o
Spoiler
Just as you would do normally - click on the terraform button. You cannot use the usual interface, but can set the height by shift-T clicking over terrain that is the height you want.
[close]

UrMawMah

I didn't use the terp for anything; however-

Spoiler

Take the PZ trio on the main island and replace them with emitters, then destroy the digital network to the other islands to prevent leakage to places where the creeper doesn't need to be anymore.

with four spore towers, launch two to either side of the PZ trio, just south of the beam range, delayed by 7 (or so...) seconds each and use them as a distraction to the mortars.

With some field play, it's just enough to take one of the mortar PZs, and from there it's just gruesome.
[close]

Loren Pechtel

I took it by brute force, it took a *LOT* of taking.  Hammering the leftmost cannon with as many spores as I could got a few though, after a lot of luck I got an emitter onto the square.  At that point I swapped out all my towers for emitters and pushed--he only has one line of defense, once you breach it it's mopping up time.