Sudden overlay (exchange map #11)

Started by isj4, December 04, 2016, 09:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isj4

Shortly after game start on exchange map #11 something in the enemies activate and I get a huge overlay that obscures everything as shown in attached screenshot. No similar reports on map #11 so I assume it is a game bug.

Version: 1.0 (downloaded  016-11-27)

I haven't seen this bug in other maps (but I haven't played that many of them so far)
Your puny map is no match for my Turtle Power!

isj4

I now I saw the guide for reporting bug. Ahem.. Here:

Symptom: when playing exchange map #11 a giant overlay appears making it impossible play. It _seems_ to happen when the two enemy cannons finish building.

Screenshot: none produced with default control (f11). See previous post (done with PrtScr)

Saves: One before it happens and one after. It happens around 28.2 seconds but frame-stepping changes that :-(

Version stand-alone, Linux, x86_64, version 1.0
Hardware: laptop, Fujitsu E751, Intel integrated graphics.

GoodMorning

That image is from planetfall's custom ship module "Nuker". Time delay is likely the build time.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

I can repro this with your before save.  I don't repro it when playing the mission from scratch. 
There was a bug in the screenshot logic where it was using "Screenshot" in one case and "screenshot" in another.  This matters on linux/OSX (but not windows). That's why the screenshot wasn't working properly.  I just fixed this and it will be in the next beta and full release.

As for the image scale problem... Not sure.  Could maybe have had something to do with saving and loading that mission, something in the PRPL scripts that didn't survive the save/load, etc.

planetfall

I seem to recall the infamous "Linux-Unity-Locale Glitch" messed with custom image scales for at least one person.

Try adding LC_ALL=C to the start of the last line of PFLaunch, and run the game from that instead of directly through the executables.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

isj4

LC_ALL=C solved the problem for me. Weird bug, though.

knucracker

Ahh... good catch by planetfall.  I didn't pay close enough attention.  You are on version 1.0 of the game (rather than 1.0.2 or a 1.0.3 beta).  In the original release of the game I didn't set the locale on all executing threads.  That can run into a problem on linux in places where commas are used at the decimal separator.  It affects how prpl compiles....

I'd recommend upgrading to 1.0.2.  It has this fix and several others.