Killing a strong emitter

Started by caatraa, January 20, 2012, 08:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caatraa

Looking for some help, been playing the code map after three song on large/high,
about 2/3 of the way down there is a emitter at 144306k.
now it got sooooooo deep that it took about a half hour to make in to the area it was 60m deep...
i can't figure out a way to hold it down enof to kill it.
anyone have any ideas for help?

thanks
caat

Jarin

Piles of launchers/beams and 4-5 deep lines of repulsors along the line that you want to drop the nullifier on. Thankfully, you have plenty of area to work with around that 144k emitter.

Also, make sure you keep some reserve crystal energy so you can break the 60 packet/second limit. You'll need it. Last titan emitter I took on, I was burning energy at about 100/s.

Kithros

The key is to use more launchers and more repulsors, and fewer blasters essentially. Most people use way more blasters than they should - you only need 3-4 (upgraded) blasters or so. Generate as much energy as you can, destroy your tech domes for more reactors once you have all the upgrades you want. Charge makers with all the ore on the map, and use the 10% burst to burst the anti-creeper over time while trying to nullify it (try to just run out of anti-creeper right as the nullifier goes off) - on that note, save before trying to nullify it, and load if it doesn't work so you didn't just waste all your ore.