Started by AutoPost, February 26, 2012, 01:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #898: Retreating - Impossible version

Author: JoaoPistori

Desc:
The hardest map of "Retreating"

SmileyCoder

Took me 3 attempts to get the "retreat" portion finished. I enjoyed the map :)
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Timmy21

Please Please Please help me because i cant figure out how to retreat and not die!

Timmy21

predator

Mind sharing.. It simply seems that I dont have time to cut down the blocks on the left side to go down. And when I do, the bottom creeper starts eating me and I dont have enough time to cut the block on top of me. And when I should have enough time the creeper starts releasing from there so yeah.. I'm fooked

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: predator on February 27, 2012, 02:59:47 PM
Mind sharing.. It simply seems that I dont have time to cut down the blocks on the left side to go down. And when I do, the bottom creeper starts eating me and I dont have enough time to cut the block on top of me. And when I should have enough time the creeper starts releasing from there so yeah.. I'm fooked

Try releasing the anti-creeper under the shields at different times  ;) But don't forget to pick up the goodies along the way.

edit: spelling

Bongo

The first part of this map was extremely fun, and challenging. But after one is in the safe zone the artificial limits on Blasters, Launchers, Makers, Shields, Nullifiers, Rifts, and even Repulsers makes the maps a boring slog.

There's a natural limit on everything because of the lack of buildable space (for Reactors and T-Domes) that would have been challenging enough without all the unit limits.

Maps like this, that are so good but then are ruined by a fatal flaw drive me nuts. :(