Custom Map #1222: alamo re'ampd

Started by AutoPost, June 22, 2012, 01:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1222: alamo re'ampd

Author: HK

Desc:
seeing as everyone loved the first one and have seen the comment that it was too easy. i "hardend" it. leme know how you like it

HighKing

i got excited that the mod said he liked it better then the first

didnt make me feel better that the best time was 10 min ;3; so much for "harder"

teknotiss

well don't be too surprised about fast times, some of the dudes on this site are speed demons  ;)

i liked both versions but the second one was just more fun to play for me.
nice work dude  8)

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

HighKing

i know about the speedies but still :P i made it to be "harder" yet still got breezed through.

and thanks man it is more fun. just the challenge of it is better.

PMouser

Huh, it was too hard for me. thanks
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

teknotiss

Quote from: PMouser on June 23, 2012, 04:13:41 AM
Huh, it was too hard for me. thanks

hey PMouser
(first a tip, always press "p" to start the game paused on the intro/info screen at the start.)

Spoiler

this is a map where you need to focus on holding the top of the channel (after killing the 6 emitters in the channel) and then take on the chambers one by one.
each chamber tube can be held back by 2 blasters, 1 launcher, and maybe 1 repulsor (i didn't use them)  for quite a while after the terrain decays. an extra 1 launcher will help if the creeper density gets too high in any tube.

the start of this map is critical, if you don't kill the 6 channel emitters fast then it is very hard to hold the central channel. so i built a V of shields under the decayable terrain and moved 8 blasters and 2 launchers up to be ready when the creeper decayed that terrain (remember to pause often and to save regularly, also give orders and build things when paused but DON'T OVERBUILD, energy management is the name of the game).
as the game is paused i also gave orders for my blasters at the bottom of the map to spread out and down to deal with that creeper, also spread out the phantom coils to cover the base area at the bottom. i set it to dig 1 crystal only to start with, then once i had that 100 energy i dug all the other crystals (later i only needed 2 blasters each tube to kill those single squares of 30000 creeper, then dig to all other crystals and build reactors or tech domes in all of the 8 lowest tubes.) by the time this happens the 6 emitters will be breaking through the decayable terrain, but the 8 blasters and 2 launchers will hold the creeper back enough kill the lowest emitter and then you can easily kill the others.
you also need to get 3 phantom coils and 2 blasters into the 2 chambers with 2 beacons and 1 microrift in them, having phantom coils here as well as at the lower base and up the channel is necessary, and once you kill the creeper in there the blasters can go elsewhere and you can build more reactors or tech domes
this should get you set up enough to win this map, if not ask for more help and someone will get you pointed in the right direction

this isn't necessarily the best way to do this map but it worked for me
[close]

good luck dude  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus