The new way of game play

Started by thejoe66, October 09, 2013, 06:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejoe66

So in the CW3 credits we saw that new way to play so does any one else think that this might be hinting at a new game in the future focused on
Spoiler
dungeon crawling
[close]
i think it would be cool to see something like that for i relley enjoyed the credits
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Katra

Not my style. I took a brief look at the credits mission and won't go back.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

pawel345

Nothing stops you from making such maps for CW3 as it's all CPRL anyway^^ I'm sure many people will gladly play.

thejoe66

yha your right cant wait for custom maps but one day i whould love to see a new game maybe after 1000-100000000000 hours of CW3
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

knucracker

The credits mission was all done using CRPL, so it was my intent that if someone wanted to make a mission like it... they could.  Or they could change the game play as well.  It's not terribly hard to write missions that look like old school arcade games, but that also have Creeper on them.  A mission like the credits could also be written where the little man that walks around can build, pickup, and move auto-guns.  That would be a step back towards more standard game play, but still maintain the intensity of 3rd person character play.

Sky's the limit basically...  I'll explore some of these topics myself once I get past my marketing and final dev duties around Colonial Space.