CW3 Map Editor

Started by ShadowDragon7015, January 06, 2013, 05:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowDragon7015

I was just wondering if in the map editor for Creeper World 3 there could be a possible undo button(Ctrl+z) or redo(Ctrl+Y) button? Because there are certain situations where if trying to make something complex and you make a mistake it can be hard to take it back in the previous map editors.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

hoodwink

Yes, there definitely should be, and I thought there already was in the CW2 editor... :D
This is a good idea as it helps against mistakes, which is why it's in most editors of everything anyway.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

Grauniad

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on January 06, 2013, 05:24:36 PM
I was just wondering if in the map editor for Creeper World 3 there could be a possible undo button(Ctrl+z) or redo(Ctrl+Y) button? Because there are certain situations where if trying to make something complex and you make a mistake it can be hard to take it back in the previous map editors.

This is one of those "Not 90%" things that an indie game dev like Virgil does not always have the resources to implement.... Ponder  on that.    Good request, though...

On a side note. Do you know that evolution cannot resolve old-age ailments and diseases?  Nature's answer to the 90% issue. (any replies that address this will appear in a different thread... :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

4xC

Quick question, are the editor and main versions of CW3 supposed to be released at the same time?

If so, why do I get the feeling it will be a lot more weeks than originally projected before players soak in the glory of playing the latest CW game?  :(
C,C,C,C

Michionlion

As far as I know, the map editor is in-game, as shown on the blog.  It would probably be released at the same time, because it is getting developed at the same time.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!