What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawel345

An auto update function including auto update beta build. Downloading it manually form the forum every 18~20 hours gets tiring XD especially with the notifications in the CS. So many new things and beta builds are great and awesome, and you rarely get to see so many new features in such a short time :D but it would make things easier if I could just order my game to update automatic while I'm playing and notify me that I need to restart the game from time to time.

Flabort

The ability to create a folder in world editor with multiple worlds within. Said folder would have to start with "[SYS]" or something for the editor not to mistake it as a world itself, but it would allow all 2-16 worlds to be up/downloaded through CS at once, and "playing" them yields a system view. Clicking the sun, which normally leads to system select, would lead to CS again. The CS scores screen would display the average score for all worlds within, individual worlds would have their own scores, of course.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Lost in Nowhere

I would like to see CRPL pathfinding commands for on digitalis, like the commands added in 1.57 for terrain.
Don't die! :)

teknotiss

Quote from: Flabort on February 01, 2014, 03:03:30 PM
The ability to create a folder in world editor with multiple worlds within. Said folder would have to start with "[SYS]" or something for the editor not to mistake it as a world itself, but it would allow all 2-16 worlds to be up/downloaded through CS at once, and "playing" them yields a system view. Clicking the sun, which normally leads to system select, would lead to CS again. The CS scores screen would display the average score for all worlds within, individual worlds would have their own scores, of course.

seconded, that'd be cool! and really handy for series, or just finding an authors maps.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Clean0nion

Quote from: Flabort on February 01, 2014, 03:03:30 PM
SO MUCH YES.

Annonymus

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on February 01, 2014, 04:42:12 PM
I would like to see CRPL pathfinding commands for on digitalis, like the commands added in 1.57 for terrain.
Actually that's already possible by just adding "isdigitalisconnected if ... endif"
If a topic started by me is in the wrong place feel free to move it at anytime.

Lost in Nowhere

No, that wouldn't work...
The new pathfinding commands give out a list of coords for getting from point A to point B.
Don't die! :)

4xC

Make the systems in the oversectormaps the same color as their respective suns.

Or at least give the option to make that happen if anyone actually likes the clolorless layout of the sector map. I think this color mode should be allowed as the Pros.Z and TS sector overmaps are so freaking big.
C,C,C,C

pawel345

The option for guppies to take off without a full load. Sometimes 50 packets are enough, but have to be delivered ASAP.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: pawel345 on February 05, 2014, 04:54:46 PM
The option for guppies to take off without a full load. Sometimes 50 packets are enough, but have to be delivered ASAP.

I'm always looking for this feature with every update.

A 'Launch Now' would be awesome.

It's the opposite of, and companion to the 'Return to Base' button.

The Launch Now control would also be appreciated on bombers and strafers - though there's a way to fool the strafers into launching without a full payload.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

pawel345

Bombers and strafes will launch when you order them to. Just unchecked the auto launch option for manual control. guppies are lacking this option and it would be very usefull.

teknotiss

anyone tried disconnect and reconnect?
that generally sends bombers and strafers off will partial loadouts for me!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

EllisInWonderland

My first post on these forums. =)

Some sort of a sound effect would be cool if a part of your network is being disconnected by creeper. Its annoying to assault digitals, seeing that relay has been destroyed, you decide to ignore it because theres another relay nearby and then wondering why some of your turrets stopped firing ...  :o

Grauniad

I know there is a sound if connectors go offline. It's probably a lot harder to implement something like that across the board (and may drive you crazy)  since multiple connections may have to be checked and guppies may also be powering some parts of the network. For a connector it's easy. If it loses power, it makes a sound.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

EllisInWonderland

Well a few days ago i played the creeper world 1 demo so this was the first thing i noticed. Had some nasty digitalis assault missions since then. It even doesnt happen that often you lose a part of your network. But i can understand the perfomance issues and guppy difficulties.  :)