What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: JonneeG on December 26, 2013, 10:08:18 AM
I'm trying not to sound like a spoiled child here, because CW is so great already, and again if these were already suggested, I'm just seconding them,

In the editor I would like to see those CW1 pink walls, the ability to pit creeper directly onto a map, and a button to get rid of all human buildings

Has it has been a long time sent i played CW1 i am not sure if i am right.

But i think those pink walls are green-ish in this game has they seem to work the same way has my memory says those pink walls from CW1 does.

JonneeG

Quote from: Ringo on December 27, 2013, 12:45:59 AM
Quote from: JonneeG on December 26, 2013, 10:08:18 AM
I'm trying not to sound like a spoiled child here, because CW is so great already, and again if these were already suggested, I'm just seconding them,

In the editor I would like to see those CW1 pink walls, the ability to pit creeper directly onto a map, and a button to get rid of all human buildings

Has it has been a long time sent i played CW1 i am not sure if i am right.

But i think those pink walls are green-ish in this game has they seem to work the same way has my memory says those pink walls from CW1 does.

I'm afraid that you are slightly mistaken, the pink walls in CW1 are invincible while the green walls in both CW 1 and 3 decay after creeper touches it

teknotiss

Quote from: Grayzzur on December 11, 2013, 06:02:52 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on December 11, 2013, 05:25:32 PM
...without having to CRPL things in.  8)

Ahh, but that's the main advantage of CRPL -- to allow us to do things Virgil didn't envision without him having to go in and put in extra support for it in the game.

and CRPL will also put off a lot of mappers who may not want to learn to code (or like me HATE it) and my suggestion would put some basic codes in as units, structures or events for the "not a code monkey" types. this would lead to many more maps to play. which would be nice  :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Clean0nion

Quote from: teknotiss on December 27, 2013, 10:33:35 AM
Quote from: Grayzzur on December 11, 2013, 06:02:52 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on December 11, 2013, 05:25:32 PM
...without having to CRPL things in.  8)

Ahh, but that's the main advantage of CRPL -- to allow us to do things Virgil didn't envision without him having to go in and put in extra support for it in the game.

and CRPL will also put off a lot of mappers who may not want to learn to code (or like me HATE it) and my suggestion would put some basic codes in as units, structures or events for the "not a code monkey" types. this would lead to many more maps to play. which would be nice  :)
There is a CRPL examples page on the wiki where people have uploaded some custom script. So if someone were to whip up a custom unit base and upload it there, all you non-code-monkeys would be able to just copy it from there.

Mefi

I talk to my units "Not there you idiot" so I'd like to get target function to canon,mortar,sprayer. 
I see it like this:
Canon - cone in some direction. Like I point South and it shoots only from SE to SW.
Sprayer - point like in air units where sprayer just place AC
Mortar - point where to hit or area

Clean0nion

Quote from: Mefi on December 30, 2013, 11:46:52 AM
I talk to my units "Not there you idiot" so I'd like to get target function to canon,mortar,sprayer. 
I see it like this:
Canon - cone in some direction. Like I point South and it shoots only from SE to SW.
Sprayer - point like in air units where sprayer just place AC
Mortar - point where to hit or area
Using sprayers or pulse cannons, you can use the terp to raise the terrain around it, meaning they only shoot over the terrain you didn't raise.

Mefi

Smart use of line of sight mechanic and if you have time and resources to change grounds could be.
But at some maps you don't have unit(blocked) or you want to have good time.
I did Alpha Sector:Lich 98:Hopping at south part of map you have bowl place. My cannon placed at power spot started to shoot walls next to it not big patch of creeper in front  >:( I moved cannon there and cleared top still it's annoying.

My change to sprayer wasn't about where direct sprayer but to get AC in pointed place so sprayer would have more tactical use as now it stop spray when no creeper in range.

Grauniad

Quote from: Mefi on December 30, 2013, 01:26:20 PM
My change to sprayer wasn't about where direct sprayer but to get AC in pointed place so sprayer would have more tactical use as now it stop spray when no creeper in range.

Sprayers in Colonial Space edition (which you can download here already have an "always on" option to keep dumping AC.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

i would like to see the DMD's "i feel crazy" button either 1: moved to the end of it's row, or 2: have an "are you sure?" popup.
more than once i have THE best DMD map ever  ;) and i've gone to click the "resources" button and missed.... >:( then  :( then the crying emoticon that we don't have  :)

this just happened for the third or fourth (or fifth, i may be blanking out the horror ::)) time just now and i'm peeved, and jolly angry don'tcha know  :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Flabort

The hard limit on upgrades? The option to go higher in custom maps.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Cavemaniac

A 'previous' or 'go back' button on the DMD ' I Feel Crazy' function 'cos I often get click-happy and flick past promising looking maps, and have no way to get back to them.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

teknotiss

Quote from: Cavemaniac on January 04, 2014, 01:52:51 AM

A 'previous' or 'go back' button on the DMD ' I Feel Crazy' function 'cos I often get click-happy and flick past promising looking maps, and have no way to get back to them.
that could do for my problem too! good idea cave this is something that i'd use too  :)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: teknotiss on January 04, 2014, 09:51:04 AM
Quote from: Cavemaniac on January 04, 2014, 01:52:51 AM

that could do for my problem too! good idea cave this is something that i'd use too  :)

Woo-hoo!

We got our wish!

Virgil implemented this in today's build release.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

teknotiss

i like the details button, but having a DL/play button in the front screen will save a lot of clicking when coming back to play an in progress map.
cheers V for the DMD's prev and next buttons!

knucracker

Previously, the 'Play' button on the main list went to the current details page where you had to select what to do (load a save slot, restart, etc.)