'Rooms' maps in CW3?

Started by Saticmotion, April 11, 2014, 09:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saticmotion

In CW2 I really enjoyed the 'Rooms' maps that Chaz and others used to make. So this has me wondering, is anything like this possible in CW3?
It will obviously need CRPL, because there's probably no other way to keep creeper contained in a room. Does CRPL support anything that might make these maps possible?
If so, I might try to make something.

MadMag

It is 100% possible with CRPL.

If you take a look a the map "The Settlers" the creeper is cdetained before the dam breaches.

Saticmotion

Quote from: MadMag on April 11, 2014, 09:34:52 AM
It is 100% possible with CRPL.

If you take a look a the map "The Settlers" the creeper is cdetained before the dam breaches.

I see, though not quite the effect I was hoping to get, it does get me closer.
I would have to contain the creeper with units, or something, so that I can decide myself when to destroy them (with a nullifier perhaps).
But thanks for the suggestion!

pawel345

There are fields in CW3 you can add a field for each cell separately.
Also the idea you mean is probably easiest done with either void or set terrain overlay.

Karsten75

Another variation on "rooms" can be found in the credits mission. Can be adapted to land a CN and relay energy to conventional weapons with a nullifier needed to open "doors"

Clean0nion

Saticmotion

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 11, 2014, 10:10:31 AM
Another variation on "rooms" can be found in the credits mission. Can be adapted to land a CN and relay energy to conventional weapons with a nullifier needed to open "doors"

That's exactly what I need! Now I just need to find out how Virgil did it.

MadMag

Do you know how to extract scripts from a "story" map?

burguertime

Quote from: Clean0nion on April 11, 2014, 10:34:36 AM
Any island map.

As long as the void gap is bigger than the CN bridging radius.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Cat

I definitely agree with the need for rooms maps. I still go back to CW 2 just to play maps like Cha's Dark Temple series. I'd also like to see some maps like "Infrastructure" from one of the flash versions of CW.

Asbestos

Rooms maps are easily made - just make a void island map, steal some scripts and patch them together for crazonium, then make sure that you can't bridge with blasters, and then disable guppies. Then make a CRPL script that, when you reach a goal or something, you get some islands to connect your units, et cetera.