(answered) A quick question about custom images (not a map ad)

Started by Clean0nion, November 05, 2013, 01:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clean0nion

What's the difference between 64x64 and 64x64 PP?

eduran

Grayzzur

I was curious too, and with many of these things, a little experiment can reveal the answer. I created two CRPL Cores, assigned them both a script that just set the main image to 10.0 scaling, applied the same source image to Custom4 and Custom4pp in the Custom Images, and applied one to each.

PP is on the right. It keeps it's blocky shape and doesn't get smoothing applied. The original .png in its original size is in the middle for reference. (Click the attached image to show it full size, or it may be hard to see the difference.)

I'm going to guess it stands for something like "Pixel Perfect."
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

J

Clean0nion

Quote from: Grayzzur on November 05, 2013, 03:17:16 PM
I was curious too, and with many of these things, a little experiment can reveal the answer. I created two CRPL Cores, assigned them both a script that just set the main image to 10.0 scaling, applied the same source image to Custom4 and Custom4pp in the Custom Images, and applied one to each.

PP is on the right. It keeps it's blocky shape and doesn't get smoothing applied. The original .png in its original size is in the middle for reference. (Click the attached image to show it full size, or it may be hard to see the difference.)

I'm going to guess it stands for something like "Pixel Perfect."

Thank you!