Custom Map #8869: Immortal Emitters Try 7. By: nathanaelps

Started by AutoPost, September 08, 2020, 01:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8869: Immortal Emitters Try 7

Author: nathanaelps
Size: 119x119

Desc:
Inspired by the CW4 emitters, take on a shattered world of immortal spore towers! Towers are not destroyed by nullifiers, instead they're quelled by flooding them with AC. Don't let them emerge from the AC, though, or they'll come back to life! The towers will come to life after the first minute or two (Or three? I don't remember already!).

nathanaelps

Thanks TrickyPlayer, toolforger, Helper. Your encouragement and feedback have been heard, and (I hope) I've made something to keep you interested and challenged!

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: nathanaelps on September 08, 2020, 01:48:46 PM
Thanks TrickyPlayer, toolforger, Helper. Your encouragement and feedback have been heard, and (I hope) I've made something to keep you interested and challenged!

No problem.

However, this new terrain generation feels more annoying than challenging to me. Forcing me to use terps to progress won't make the level harder, just slower. I don't know what you did to the terrain generation but adding some squares of random size (1-10?) would probably make it easier to progress. If you feel like using the same terrain generator again, please think about this first. I didn't finish the level, but I have to say that these spore bursts look pretty cool.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

D0m0nik

Well done, that was a challenge, I nearly rage quite a couple of times!  :D

Helper

Back from vacation and ready for a wake up call...and this looks a likely candidate.
:)

Helper

Can't figure this out.
I'm sitting on top of one of those Spore launchers with a CN connected and about 15 Cannon keeping the Creeper away. Plenty of Beams taking care of the Spores, but the Launcher keeps flipping between red and blue.
I thought all we had to do to convert those towers was feed them enough power from a CN.
I got to this position in about 30 minutes and have been sitting here trying different combinations (now at 50).
Any thoughts/suggestions?
Right now my fun meter is about pegged.
Thanks,
H

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Helper on September 13, 2020, 07:13:58 PM
Can't figure this out.
I'm sitting on top of one of those Spore launchers with a CN connected and about 15 Cannon keeping the Creeper away. Plenty of Beams taking care of the Spores, but the Launcher keeps flipping between red and blue.
I thought all we had to do to convert those towers was feed them enough power from a CN.
I got to this position in about 30 minutes and have been sitting here trying different combinations (now at 50).
Any thoughts/suggestions?
Right now my fun meter is about pegged.
Thanks,
H

They need AC underneath the tower to be converted (At least, at the next level that's how it worked)
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Helper

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on September 14, 2020, 01:53:02 AM
They need AC underneath the tower to be converted (At least, at the next level that's how it worked)

Thanks, but I don't think that's it. I have a Bomber and a Sprayer ("Always On") working.
H

TrickyPlayer

Try disconnecting them from your energy system and then re-connect them, as if you were rebooting them. If that doesn't help you can try to get just the right timing so that all of them are red at the same time (might trigger victories constantly)

THEM refers to these spore towers.

If none of that works, I don't know what else could possibly cause issues. I can't look at these scripts (too lazy) so I just have to guess by what I know.

Maybe keep them all disconnected for a while and see if that makes them stay red?

The only other thing I can think of is to entirely restart the level.

Helper

???
@TrickyPlayer,
I don't see your score listed for this one.
Have you actually finished it?
Thanks,
H

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Helper on September 14, 2020, 11:17:52 AM
???
@TrickyPlayer,
I don't see your score listed for this one.
Have you actually finished it?
Thanks,
H

Nah I never finished it (too annoying terrain, didn't feel like dealing with that) but at the next part (immortal emitters 8) the same type of enemy is used, and there weren't any issues there. I don't see the fun in having to terraform literally every place I want to build.

D0m0nik

I terped a wall round each emiter and eploded a couple of full sprayers into the well.

Helper

nathanaelps

I terped walls around them too!

not sure what the problem is with it, but a first thought would be that the well you dug was deep enough that it was draining ac? I ought to add a couple seconds of countdown/cooldown so it doesn't strobe for you...

Did you end up figuring it out? I'll get it fixed asap.

Helper

Good morning and thanks for checking in.
I'm trying to get caught up on a couple of things and will make another run at it.
Appreciate the response.
H