Some way to "unbuild"

Started by nvivo, November 04, 2013, 04:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvivo

Hi,

Ever since CW1, I find it quite annoying when I'm building something and I misplace multiple units, I have to cancel, select those units and destroy them one by one.

Build on drag is just wonderful, but there could be a simpler shortcut to remove units not yet built the same way.
For example, if you are on pause, while left click builds units, right click could remove units. This would work only with units that didn't start building yet, and the same type you have selected to build.

I'm not sure if there is some simple way to do that today, I didn't find anything.

Thanks!

Michionlion

You can select multiple unbuilt or built units/buildings by either shift-clicking on each or dragging a box with your mouse around the group.  You can then destroy them all at one time.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

nvivo

Dragging a box doesn't work with collectors and reactors for some reason.

As for shift clicking, this is what I have been doing. It is just annoying to do that.
If we could just "undo" the last actions, either by having a ctrl+z or right clicking the unit or shift/ctrl/alt clicking it while building, would help a lot.

teknotiss

double left click also selects all of the same unit in a limited area, this may help, but i understand your frustration. the easy answer is to not build units until you are sure you want them there  :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

NFITC1

You can always pause while you lay down units to build. That's what I do.

nvivo

I think I didn't put it very well. This was supposed to sound more like a feature request, although I should have wrote that explicitly. My bad.

I can double click, etc. The idea was to just make it easier to correct mistakes. Build while dragging was really welcome, but sometimes it makes us build in the wrong place. Double clicking selects the same units, but selects any unit, not just the ones you just built.

Grauniad

A small consolation, if you decide against building multiple units *before* you lift your cursor, press Esc or Space and the build orders will be canceled.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon