Exostum's Maps

Started by exostum, May 15, 2014, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exostum

Hello Everyone

I am seeking beta-testers for a new map I am making. It is a "Boss Battle" type.

Done :

• Information display for Custom Enemies
  • Custom enemy "Loki"
  • Custom enemy "Satellite"
  • CW 1 Spores

Todo :

• Story
  • Game Balance (enemy creeper amount / emit interval) (Thanks to Karsten75 for feedback)
  • Custom image for custom enemy

Know bugs :

• Digitalis malfunction (need to seek correct CRPL to enable a CRPL core to aliment digitalis) Edit : Done with new map version
  • Satellite number 6+ too quick
  • Cw 1 spores on reload Corrected CRPL
The map uses heavy CRPL.

Credits:

• "beam" CRPL inspired by PAC target system for spore tower.
  •   Satellite CRPL inspired by story mission Magnetar.
  •   Karsten75 for feedback
  • eduran for  cw1 spore script

Edit 2014/12/09 19:06:

New map version (attachement updated)

Stats  (for last version of the map): 

Custom enemy "Loki"
Hp : 100 (nullifier 10 hp for now)
Starting MP : 11
Starting Max MP : 11
Mp conversation rate : 0.005 * Max MP (0.055%) (Multiplies this rate by 10 if at least one player unit is in 20 range of loki)
Satellite creation cost : 10 * satellite number (First satellite is free and respawn immediately on kill)
Digitalis Radius increase cost : 5 * Digitalis radius
Digitalis cell create : 30 frames (1 secondes)

custom Ennemy Satellite :
Max Number :  10
Creeper emit : 100 - ( 10 * (satellite number - 1))
Creeper interval : 1

Edit : reformated text of post
My Work in progress Maps (On hold for now)

Karsten75

I played the new map. If you would permit a few what I'm hoping are constructive criticisms.

The map was very large. I'm not sure if additional enemies will appear later to better use the space.
I didn't find it very hard - rather straightforward to launch an assault at the objects in the center. There was a lot of text information on those objects, but I couldn't quite decide if it was of meaning to me. I couldn't tell how many nullifiers (for instance) I had to use.

So yea, moderate fun factor, perhaps on the easy side and not very clear if there are specific objectives or missions - I built Beams and Snipers as well, just on the off chance that those might kill the central enemy.

PS. There were no Digitalis anywhere on the map.

exostum

how many satellite did you have on the map when you killed the center one ? (normally it can have up to 10)

Mp rate is difficult to set for the center enemy, too high and the map is unbeatable and too low and the map is too quick to beat.

Here is a more difficult version of the map with the enemy mp rate / Starting mp set much higher. (currently unbeatable with this parameters)

(that is why i need help with game balance, it is too easy or too hard)

Karsten75

There was only ever one satellite.

exostum

Thanks Karsten75.

I know now thanks to your reply that the mp rate of the first version of this map was way too low.

Edit : Updated first post with new map and added some stats about the new map.

exostum

New version of this map

Changelog.

Know bugs.

Sattelite don't move after two respawn (They are stuck at loki locations) (they indeed move correctly at first respawn)

exostum

New version of this map uploaded on first post

Changelog :
- cw1 spores
- Runners
- Corrected bug for sattelite respawn

Know bug :
- Selectable interface still buggy

exostum

New version

Changelog:
- Upgrade system for anti creeper custom unit

Karsten75

OK, I'm 28 minutes in on my 2nd restart (horrible energy management on my part) and here's my position. I'll probably download the version with more AC before I go on. :)

Karsten75

OK, I have a problem. The AC generating unit disappears. Not sure why. First time I thought I might have dumped in in Creeper, the second time I'm positive I  never moved it - is there a keystroke combination that may kill it?

I recall looking at it and trying to see how to upgrade it, but I couldn't figure that out. You may want to have a pick-up or something else with instructions on how to operate the unit. :)

I'll try and see if I can beat it without AC, though I'm not hopeful. At least on my 4th restart I managed better and have less of an energy issue.

exostum

To switch mode to upgrade mode for ac unit :

- First left click on it to select (selected is displayed on it for now, i will add custom selector later)
- Right click on it when it is selected to switch between the two mode (creation mode and upgrade mode) (current mode is displayed on unit infos)
- Deselect the unit when you are done(space, or cancel)

For now, the select / move is still buggy, if you select the unit and then one of your unit, they both move to the same location, i still need to disable select for all player units when custom unit is selected and re-enable the player unit selection when the custom unit is de-selected.

Maybe you encounter the select/move bug and your ac custom unit is somewhore under one of your unit (maybe one of your Command node)

PS : can you send me your save of the map with the ac unit vanished ?

PS2 : I forgot to set the ac custom unit invulnerable to nullifier. but i set count for victory to false.

Karsten75

If it was somewhere, I'd expect it to give away it's location by emitting AC.

Here's the save.

Karsten75

Actually, I decided to call it quits a few minutes further into the game. I managed to destroy some of the circling bugs,  but they seemed to come back, so one walked over my invading line and nuked my communications lines. That and the aggressive upslope  creeper soon to be commingled with an uphill fight against digi and runners made me ready to throw in the towel.

Maybe you can find a hardier soul than me... :)

Here's my screenshot of where I quit - 3 orbiting bugs into the game....

exostum

So I need to tone down the difficulty (maybe make the sattelite respawn on a timer or make stop orbiting when a unit is in range)

On your screenshot, I see that the custom ac unit is not here. Can I have this save so I can debug it (because i can't seem to reproduce it on my test)

(By the way is the ac unit not here on your previous save that you posted ? because when i tested it, the ac unit was here)

PS : I updated a new version on the first post (added a selector for custom ac unit and make the red background for cw1 spores indicator)

Karsten75

Duh, I uploaded the wrong save...

I likes That the little orbiting units slowed down enough to give me a chance to nuke them - I thought that was very clever.  I guess I can defend against them by having multiple supply lines with redundancy - just will take longer - there isn't a need yet to make it easier - many people like harder challenges. I was just lazy and kind of bummed about not having AC.