Size: 192x120

joebywan

Jamzs3AU

Quote from: joebywan on May 06, 2021, 07:38:05 AM
No AI?  How is this completable?

Play the map and grab the upgrade box?
Map is easy enough with all the upgrades from that

wfo92gt

I'm definitely missing something. The only action I seem to be able to take is with the ERN portal... Halp

heritor

As it turns out, this is an FPS map - you'll need to press the 'first-person-view' button (Custom1, usually V) to get into FPS mode.
Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.

EricPhail

What is this supposed to be?
4 Custom Buildings with as far as I can tell no purpose, allied buildings that stand there and do nothing unless you use fabricator setups.  A totems objective that seems likely to be a do it fast or nveer, an FPS mode with some odd omissions.(no respawn + doesn't make it obvious that it is an fps)

This feels unfinished.

CS Z

"Test Site" says it all.

I agree that this map feels extremely unfinished.  It took me the first time failing the health objective to realize that it's a FPS map.  I saw the FPS tag but for some reason it didn't register.  Everyone's been conditioned to see the instructions about Custom0/1/etc. in ADA.

You start off WAY overpowered along with a ton of upgrade points that basically lets you max out everything right away.  I've never had so many upgrade points.

The landscape is so janky that I couldn't figure out how to get out of the starting box for the first two minutes.  There are other areas the player can get stuck on as well.  It's impossible to claim all areas due to the eggs.  Just grab the totems and go I guess...once you can figure out how to actually get out of the starting area.

The map gets a solid "meh" from me.  But given who the author is, maybe something really cool is in the pipeline.  So it could just be a community test to see where the focus needs to be?  (Benefit of the doubt and all that.)

RiotThePup

The egg spawners cannot be contained or nullified, which means the map is frustrating and counterintuitive to try and finish. The lack of even basic "rebuild" AI makes the map frustrating and means there is no way to contain the egg spawners directly next to the objective totems, which deactivate on contact with creep. Moreover, the player can't even brute-force it by force building their own constructs, they just have to grin and bear it, which means a very janky mad dash. As a result, a map that at first feels like it could be interesting with even basic "rebuild" AI but lacking it, feels unfinished.

Caz

Can't be completed.  Creep generates faster than you can clear it.  No way to nullify/destroy egg spawners which negates any progress you make past them.

Fireswamp

Quote from: Caz on October 21, 2021, 08:41:09 AM
Can't be completed.  Creep generates faster than you can clear it.  No way to nullify/destroy egg spawners which negates any progress you make past them.

Just tested, the map definitely can be completed, it is just a bit finicky.