Custom Map #9261: Cursor-15 New. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, February 07, 2021, 08:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viator

Just wanted to say that this is awesome type of map and I wish more of this kind of maps. :)

Any tips to improve my time?

What I do now:
- Capture right bottom corner right away.
- Take the 10 node at the bottom middle
- Take the opposite node from the starting zone
- Then try to climb up from the left bottom corner
- Move up on the wall to the left top and capture the four nodes (maybe take the 1000 node if I feel like it)
- Then take four ones from the middle left and move from there to the middle towards the pyramid.
- Then take rest 75-100 prod nodes from bottom, middle and right side. And possibly push myself from the right middle towards the triple 25 before digitalis even reach that area.
- Second last the right top corner and lastly the 200 from the middle bottom

This gets me somewhere around 20-25 minutes but am I missing some tricks/timings? I might be able to cut a few minutes if I really focus but how come some reach 10 minutes or below?

TrickyPlayer

Want me to make another map that's as open as this one? I might make another one with a 5x5 grid instead of a 4x4 if I'm asked nicely. Will probably add some flippers and absorbers to it for good measure. If I really feel like it I might make it a 6x6 instead and add space based tiles to the grid. Those space tiles can be accessed by digitalis, portals, flippers, or maybe something else as well? :P

There's a lot of things on this map where I felt like "meh I can fix it but it's more interesting this way" and I honestly like seeing what people can do. 20-25 minutes is faster than my score I think, which kinda says something as I'll usually take the most optimal route just to validate the map faster.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Johnny Haywire

Dude, make as many of these as you like and by all means make whatever changes you think would be cool - or keep the mechanics exactly the same. The maps are very smartly designed and each one seems to be perfectly balanced between playable and challenging.

Glad to see other map makers are taking your ideas and using them... it's such a great idea that I would hate to see it not being used. It's like the people who buy exotic cars and drive under the speed limit. When you bump their car from behind and yell at them to speed up, they have the most confused expression on their face while their car is spinning off the road... almost as if they can't understand why you'd rear-end them.

Well, I'd say more but they say it's time for us to get back in our cells for the night. Yanno, if YOU were the warden I'm sure this place would be a LOT more interesting.  :P

Can't wait to see more fun stuff!  ;D ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?