Custom Map #9261: Cursor-15 New. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, February 07, 2021, 08:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9261: Cursor-15 New

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 128x128

Desc:
Who needs buildings when you can have a Cursor that scales it's pwoer to your progress?

Nadaj

i've haven't understand how to play this map, can you explain please?

Nadaj

i've haven't understand how to play this map, can you explain please?

D0m0nik

TrickyPlayer

You literally have to wait 5 seconds at the start and then everything starts working...

As to how the level works, the starting conversations explain it pretty well I think.. Lemme just say it again here regardless since apparently my explanation wasn't good enough:
You can create anticreeper by holding your cursor at a place where anticreeper is already present. That place cannot be void.
The amount of anticreeper created depends on the amount of tiles that contain anticreeper over the entire map.

You flip red emitters by flooding them with anticreeper.
That's all you really have to know.

By the way, why didn't you just use the help menu? Or was it too confusing?
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Loren Pechtel

For those who can't figure out how to play the map:

Your mouse pointer emits anticreeper when on anticreeper, it's your only weapon.  The more territory you have the more it emits.  You must wait 5 seconds before it starts (making it update faster would cause too much lag.)

I do have one gripe with this map:  The cursor doesn't work on the void.  The rule should be the cursor only works on anticreeper.  This becomes an issue when you already have anticreeper in the void--the digitalis bridges.

Nadaj

I've finally found by myself but indeed the explanation in the map wasn't clear enough. However, since i've understand how to play it's a nice map, good work

helmetflakes

Despite only having to just move your mouse around this I really enjoyed this map. Nice relaxing fun and you had to think a little as well. The similar one in CW4 was fun as well but works better in CW3, hard to see what's going on unless your in top view in CW4 with the AC. Please keep them coming TrickyCorp, you've made a load of fun maps different from the norm, much appreciated, Thanks!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Nadaj on February 07, 2021, 01:10:45 PM
I've finally found by myself but indeed the explanation in the map wasn't clear enough. However, since i've understand how to play it's a nice map, good work

He's made a bunch of cursor maps, how it's played is more obvious with experience.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on February 07, 2021, 11:44:47 AM
I do have one gripe with this map:  The cursor doesn't work on the void.  The rule should be the cursor only works on anticreeper.  This becomes an issue when you already have anticreeper in the void--the digitalis bridges.

OK, sure, I'll allow it to emit anticreeper in space. But I can already see someone is gonna be able to abuse that... so therefore I'll only allow it when there's digitalis. Shouldn't be hard to add to the script.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Riskbreaker

yeah, i'd avoid letting cursor work on void haha...there would be a lot more to worry about on the map to prevent abuses

if people want to empower the digitalis crossing the void, they can just have the cursor at the corner of land, making the anticreeper that will cross with digitalis

edit. oh, if its possible to allow it only on digitalis, might be cool...until they can fill digitalis on void, then remove digitalis, or some shenanigns like that :P

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on February 08, 2021, 01:20:12 AM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on February 07, 2021, 11:44:47 AM

OK, sure, I'll allow it to emit anticreeper in space. But I can already see someone is gonna be able to abuse that... so therefore I'll only allow it when there's digitalis. Shouldn't be hard to add to the script.

That's exactly what I was envisioning--delete the void rule, simply have the only on anticreep rule.  The only way there's anticreep in the void is the digitalis.

Johnny Haywire

Hey, another great map TrickyCorp!

I understood the directions about how to bring up the help menu, but someone who doesn't understand English and is running the dialogue through a translator might have a problem with understanding which button "Keft-Ctrl + I" is, lol. And not everyone actually reads the dialogue and instructions, and even some people who do read it won't really pay attention. The literacy rate may be increasing, but I'd bet that overall reading comprehension is declining a bit because of all the entertainment that contributes to the delinqu...  HEY, look! A SQUIRREL!  Hmm... I was saying something but now I can't... well, it doesn't matter.

I think the map is pretty great and I've done one of your earlier maps that used this mechanic as the only means of distributing AC, so I patiently waited for stuff to happen. This is a very hypnotic & relaxing map - the perfect map to do right before bed!  8)

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Shatterstep

The map looks janky, but it is actually quite fun and wonderfully different. Thanks for making the map :-)

Riskbreaker

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on February 09, 2021, 01:17:09 AM
Hey, another great map TrickyCorp!

I understood the directions about how to bring up the help menu, but someone who doesn't understand English and is running the dialogue through a translator might have a problem with understanding which button "Keft-Ctrl + I" is, lol. And not everyone actually reads the dialogue and instructions, and even some people who do read it won't really pay attention. The literacy rate may be increasing, but I'd bet that overall reading comprehension is declining a bit because of all the entertainment that contributes to the delinqu...  HEY, look! A SQUIRREL!  Hmm... I was saying something but now I can't... well, it doesn't matter.

I think the map is pretty great and I've done one of your earlier maps that used this mechanic as the only means of distributing AC, so I patiently waited for stuff to happen. This is a very hypnotic & relaxing map - the perfect map to do right before bed!  8)

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D

i look forward for more of them too, they're great