CW4 Demo Feedback

Started by Slashplane, June 17, 2020, 07:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slashplane

(After playing the first two levels) Having rotation mapped to q/e and elevation to say r/f would be alot more intuitive IMO also loving how ESC still doesn't do anything.

Grabz

ESC is the key for Cancel, you can see it in keybindings:
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

antijava

Is a Mac version of the demo going to be released?  Also, some non-Steam options.  I'd rather buy it direct from you than go through Steam.

Karsten75

Quote from: antijava on June 18, 2020, 10:51:51 AM
Is a Mac version of the demo going to be released?  Also, some non-Steam options.  I'd rather buy it direct from you than go through Steam.

There is no Mac version of the Demo planned. Mac support for the full game is still TBD and depends on the level of Unity used (for integration with MacOS Catalina notarization), as well as a prognosis of the likley player base with machines and GPUs of sufficient capability to support the game at adequate frame rates.

mrsnipey

I enjoyed the demo but the one thing I found the most annoying was the lack of keyboard shortcuts.
It didn't worry me much at first but by the end it was really annoying to have to select structures, choose a tower, place it, ....
In the other cw games I would just press S..1 or S..2.
Do you plan on implementing shortcuts?
Can't wait for the full game.
Thanks.

Ligas

"I enjoyed the demo but the one thing I found the most annoying was the lack of keyboard shortcuts."

As a partial help, you can place the mouse on an already built unit and press tab key. It duplicates the unit you have the mouse pointed at.