upgrade ideas

Started by gotenks917, September 21, 2018, 10:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotenks917

When you implement the upgrade system, some ideas I have are packet density where when you upgrade it, every packet will now count as 2. thanks for reading and good luck on development.

Builder17

Kinda like CW1 packets when only slightly in deficit (negative energy production), but all the time?

ShadowDragon7015

I don't see what this had to do with energy deficit? It looks like they want packets to count as 2 so you could have double ammo or build packets, would mean less lag with higher upgrades with less packets on the lines.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

Sorrontis

Quote from: gotenks917 on September 21, 2018, 10:40:49 AM
When you implement the upgrade system, some ideas I have are packet density where when you upgrade it, every packet will now count as 2.

So, essentially doubling the energy distribution rate? or you mean that you get 2 energy for 1 sent out? I'd love to hear more, mind explaining this in depth a bit more?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Grabz

Quote from: Sorrontis on September 22, 2018, 01:03:50 PM
So, essentially doubling the energy distribution rate? or you mean that you get 2 energy for 1 sent out? I'd love to hear more, mind explaining this in depth a bit more?
Yeah, that's probably it. For example, one ammo packet sent out, one ammo packet worth of energy subtracted, target unit receives 2 ammo.

Might be too OP of an upgrade to effectively double current energy output, but it could be easier on CPU in the end game because less packets have to be sent out.
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker