Custom map thumbnail?

Started by kajacx, September 16, 2018, 09:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajacx

Would it be possible to add a custom thumbnail image to the uploaded map? The image can contain logo of the author or the series or anything really. Also alowing transparance in the image would be nice, since then it could be just a logo over the map.

And yes I know you can "abuse" RPL to create a thumbnail image instead of the map preview, but this way it would be possible to switch between the thumbnail (if present) and the map preview in the map selection.
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

Karsten75

Such a simple request with so many branching questions and issues! ;)

Let me try to stay on the basic level first.

Assuming a single map preview thumbnail per map, this thumbnail is supposed to be  a preview of the map/experience and as such I personally don't believe is should be overlaid with an author logo*. Notable exceptions are the "Sleeper" logo that appear on some maps.

* Note that I have suggested (and it might happen) that maps can be "branded" with an equivalent of the PF:E CITG key, This, of course, does not take into account a resolution for series of maps, such as Sleeper or PaC maps.

kajacx

Yes I meant this mostly for gamemodes like Sleeper, PaC, or the new KISS gamemode from yum.
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.