*Spraying* sprayers

Started by cpaca, July 31, 2018, 03:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpaca

Here's an idea that could be implemented with the CW4 sprayers with the new waves -
Instead of doing the CW3 tactic of "Shoot glob of anticreep" instead, the sprayer could attack by dropping anticreep to its own position, then using pushers (similar to the technology used in wavemakers) to push the anticreeper to a direction. This would also compliment with the ability to have CW3 "Always on" and instead of simply having "Always on" it would also have "Wave direction"  - so you could put a bunch of sprayers in a 1-height valley surrounded by 20-high walls, then tell all the sprayers to push all the anticreeper into a specific direction.

This does leave the strategy of using anticreeper to shoot at an enemy over the void a non-usable tactic. If you do still want to have the power to shoot *over* a valley instead of filling it, you could allow normal weapons to eat AntiCreeper packages and create anticreeper (albeit, at a slower rate) or have a setting that allows the sprayer to shoot in "Globule" mode again
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Karsten75

seems that would force the Sprayer to be multi-function (AC, waves, force ield) and also a fairly complicated UI, no?

Builder17

Quote from: cpaca on July 31, 2018, 03:31:43 PM
Here's an idea that could be implemented with the CW4 sprayers with the new waves -
Instead of doing the CW3 tactic of "Shoot glob of anticreep" instead, the sprayer could attack by dropping anticreep to its own position, then using pushers (similar to the technology used in wavemakers) to push the anticreeper to a direction.

Maybe something like "repulsors in CW2" together with "always on sprayer" would work? :)

Godsbrother

I'm sure it's too late in development for this, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

If there were CW3 style sprayers and CW2 repulsors, both could be used with stock modes/UI.  Or if you first build the sprayer, then build a repulsor directly on it for a increased cost(perhaps mostly gated materials) you get a unit that emits ac and pushes in your choice of directions.  An intuitive UI would be to click the unit and drag out to choose direction.
This could be applied to any units with interesting combined effects

The above led me to think about end-game weapons.  Very expensive, very cool weapons could be built by combining.  For example.  The Thor, if it were added, could be built with a titan and a guppy.  Alternately you could be forced to level a 4x8 unit grid and fill it with cannons/mortars/beams/guppies/relays.  They'd come together as a multi-block once they had all been constructed.

If anyone likes these ideas for community maps feel free to use them.

Side note.  I only remember seeing the static shield representing force units in the development videos so far.  Even if the CW2 style repulsor is not planned for CW4 I would love to see it in a video.  I'm really curious how a directed force beam would effect 3D creeper physics.

Edit.  Omg, a Mortar/Repulsor,  A mortar with a directional explosion.  Brilliant for avoiding base killing waves.
"If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true, and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."   Penn Jillette