Can I suggest that custom stack coded units "crpl" hit them with anything?

Started by hbarudi, June 25, 2018, 02:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbarudi

In cw3 we could not totally replicate those drones that existed in the cw2.
Can we have those custom units be programmable to hit them with blasters or any unit of our choice and not just snipers?
(those basic units were called blasters before cw3 renamed them pulse cannons and reduced their loud sound when they are fully upgraded and fighting hard against the creeper and other units.)

Karsten75

This is one of the times I think the language barrier caused my comprehension to stumble.

herobattle530

I think this is what the message is: "Hey, remember those drones in CW2? Well, they're in CW3 via CRPL. Can they be programmed to be hit by Pulse cannons, mortars, sprayers, fighters, etc... instead of only being vulnerable to snipers?"

Not sure about the title, but it seems to say:" I would like CRPL enemies to be vulnerable to every weapon in the game."

Grabz

Granted, I technically could have made Drones targetable by blasters using the Digitalis trick that Sleeper uses, but I opted not to because I figured more use for Snipers could be interesting, and it felt too hackish for me. I would definitely like a way to make custom units that can be targeted by anything, which might very well actually be required to happen if CW4 supports custom units.

Maybe each unit could have a firing group variable, like "GROUND", "AIR" etc. for compatibility with custom units as well?

At any rate, it's way too early to suggest this.
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

WithersChat

As one and a half year has passed, I wonder...
There is no signature!