Tentative System Requirements?

Started by lvdata, June 08, 2018, 09:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lvdata

virgilw,
I absolutely love where you are going with the preview videos, but I am a bit concerned that my current rig may not play CW4 that well. I am GUESSING that system requirements are somewhat set now. How well do you guess CW4 will run on a system with Intel "Graphics Card" 4600, in my case?

It would seem that you could release a non-playable "3D video" or non-playable graphics demo that you could install and run on a system, with heavy creeper, lots of units, etc, to check playability. Something I can run/pause and also Pan/Tilt/Zoom.

CW1, CW2, CW3, and PF all play ok, but PF does have a slow frame rate when PF gets intense. I WILL be playing CW4, even IF I have to get a $200 video card, to play a $20?? game.

Any idea of what the real minimum system requirements and recommended system requirements? 

Waiting on CW4,

Thanks,  lvdata

My System:
Intel I7 4790K, 4.0, 4.4ghz turbo
Intel 4600 Graphics
32 gig ddr3
1tb SSD
Main use, Running Virtual Machines, not a gaming rig.

Karsten75

Your system will meet the minimum requirements as we know of them right now (basically all we know is that you need DirectX 11).

I would tell you that graphics will suck and you will have a lot of lag. I was shocked way back when when I added a discrete graphics card to my Intel i5 system and CW3 performance shot through the roof - Intel integrated graphics is shockingly bad, and even a low-end Nvidia GT 1030 card is better. When you get to the GTX 1050 range you're in excellent shape.

For your reference, here's a link that compares integrated graphics with the two cards I mentioned.

On the processor side, things doesn't look as dire. we have run into performance issues a few timesm and it has been a discovery curve for Virgil, but I think any processor manufactured in the last 5-6 years should be OK (Centrino and Atom processors excluded :) )