Terps?

Started by Lioncourt, March 31, 2018, 10:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lioncourt

Virgil, sorry to ask but , I never went through all of the messages and ideas, and I was wondering
if we will be able to do the best part of CW3, and that is playing with the terrain.  During
gameplay will we be able to alter the terrain levels?  I do hope so.
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

knucracker

Nothing is certain till its done and shipped, but I intend to have terrain modification.

Lioncourt

Well, here's hoping to terrain modification! : ;D  It is my favorite part of the game.  (Wish we could build land in Particle Fleet)   :P
The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't...

FOXX

Quote from: Lioncourt on April 02, 2018, 01:36:38 PM
Well, here's hoping to terrain modification! : ;D  It is my favorite part of the game.  (Wish we could build land in Particle Fleet)   :P

Actually you can build land in PF ;)
https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=28480

But it's not default in the game.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

reddwarf12

For a lot of CW3 I would select Height 10 and just build land bridges out to all the target points. Nah it's not very noble and I'll never set time records with it, but it's also a fun and relaxing way to enjoy the game. I could also see where some others might consider that too much of a loophole or a bypass, at least for those levels where it works. Either way, I trust the game devs to follow their creative instincts - I've loved this series since the first CW, and am delighted to see where they take us next.

rer24

Quote from: reddwarf12 on August 01, 2018, 02:43:15 PM
and I'll never set time records with it
I wouldn't consider it a loophole simply because of that time factor. Besides, it is one of several valid strategies to slowly but surely push the creeper back. That being said, it would be nice to have an option for mapmakers between "Have a terp" and "Have no terps," that is some way to allow certain structures (walls, pillars, etc.) be repairable, but only them.
We shall end the infinite cycle of madness!